What to look for when buying off of Craigslist?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I actually just sold a 4" female p.metallica on Craigslist yesterday. My asking price was $230 (with enclosure) and the buyer insisted on giving me $240 (since neither of us had change to break a $20). Since the buyer was very nice, we drove a couple blocks to my house and I gave her a chilobrachys Vietnam blue sling for the extra $10 she gave me and for being soo nice.

With my experience buy/selling tarantulas on Craigslist, it's very important to build a rapport before you meet up.
Ah I think I've seen your ads looking for trade or sale ;P

Last edited:

Kayis

Arachnopeon
That was me! Looking to trade my p.mets besides my mature female. Are you local to Stockton as well?
I've also seen your posts. There's like usually utter crap on craigslist on T's in my area. Unless i want a plethora of G. porteri. Maybe just maybe I'll start an army with them one of these days.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
That was me! Looking to trade my p.mets besides my mature female. Are you local to Stockton as well?
Wine Country!
I've also seen your posts. There's like usually utter crap on craigslist on T's in my area. Unless i want a plethora of G. porteri. Maybe just maybe I'll start an army with them one of these days.
Yeah Craigslist with the "few local results found" shows the 'nearby' areas.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I've actually had really good luck buying things on CL...I haven't bought Ts on there but things like laptops, TVs, etc. And I've gone to some sketchy places :D Sadly my local CL has nothing but overpriced porteri (and a badly housed P. metallica that I don't want to pay the $500 asking price for...)

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I've actually had really good luck buying things on CL...I haven't bought Ts on there but things like laptops, TVs, etc. And I've gone to some sketchy places :D Sadly my local CL has nothing but overpriced porteri (and a badly housed P. metallica that I don't want to pay the $500 asking price for...)
Yes I outfitted an entire gym through there through buying and 'flipping'. My spreadsheets have 10s of thousands of dollars worth of CL gym equipment. Just be careful and you're not at much more risk than every day life. That article mentions the attacked didn't want to cooperate. I suspect there is more to the story.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Yes I outfitted an entire gym through there through buying and 'flipping'. My spreadsheets have 10s of thousands of dollars worth of CL gym equipment. Just be careful and you're not at much more risk than every day life. That article mentions the attacked didn't want to cooperate. I suspect there is more to the story.
Agreed. Just feel it out and use proper precautions, the same way you would with normal human interactions throughout the day and it's pretty easy to tell if the person you're talking to is a sketchball.

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
Wine Country!

Yeah Craigslist with the "few local results found" shows the 'nearby' areas.
If you know anyone local that's interested in p.metallicas send them my way. I have to get rid of my T's as I will be moving abroad for a bit. I have 1 subadult male 5" p.metallica and 3 female p.metallicas; 2.5" 2.75" and 3" for sale. I'll let them go for $150. Got a couple other slings that I have to sell too :(

obie

Arachnosquire
If you know anyone local that's interested in p.metallicas send them my way. I have to get rid of my T's as I will be moving abroad for a bit. I have 1 subadult male 5" p.metallica and 3 female p.metallicas; 2.5" 2.75" and 3" for sale. I'll let them go for $150. Got a couple other slings that I have to sell too :(
They will probably say something about a for sale ad here.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Well I would be but don't want to make that kind of drive and not sure I'm ready for a pokie yet :)

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Very unfortunate news. You aren't far from me and I would not mind a P. Metallica but have been on kept on a long leash that just got short real quick with all the T and herp purchases I made recently. Sorry lol