im looking for a new addition but dont have a clue what to choose
my choices are:
P.regalis juvi/sub-adult
G.Pulchra 1 1/2 sling
b.vagans same size as the pulchra
all suggestions please

captmarga

Arachnobaron
These type questions are common... and the answers are usually the same. What do you like most? Do you want OW or NW? Do you prefer a terrestrial or arboreal? Something that will sit out and being a pet rock in view, or webs heavily?

You must feel the prices are right on all you mention. You will probably also end up with all of them eventually, if they are species you like.

Get whichever strikes you at the moment, that you have a habitat for, or fits into your idea of which direction you want your collection to go.

Marga

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
i know these questions are common but i want all of them i like old and new world i like pet rocks and active t's thats why i asked
i haave to admit i dont really want to get into brachys yet but g.pulchra and p.regalis i want both

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well if the price is a steal and all three you like equally, go with the pulchra first because it is the slowest growing.

i've had all three, love all three, but i am sending out all three this week because they all ended up boys :(.

i think vagans are definitely an underrated brachy imo. mine was fairly active, ate like it was going out of style, and got a lot less spazzy after around 2.5-3". bonus, they grow about as fast as albo, much faster than some other Brachys and mine seemed not to hair as much, and my reaction was milder than smithi or bohemei. i'll be buying a sexed female eventually one day, probably before the other two since they run the cheapest out of the three.

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
ill try get the money lol
i want another pokie but i have never had first hand experience with any6 of these
never had a brachy :eek: i know
i have a breeding pair of g.roseas and i have a communal tank of p.subfusca highland
is the regalis the same as the subfusca

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not much of an OW or Arboreal guy (except for Versi's), so I'd go with the Pulchra. But the Pulchra will probably be the most expensive, slowest moving and growing (typical pet-rock), and most docile of the 3. Vagans are different then most of the Brachy's. I've raised many of them, and are more similar to most of the "bird-eaters" in feeding response, growth rate, and temperament; discounting size. Their temperament is correctly descibed as "semi-defensive", and can vary from individuals. I have some that are as defensive Nhandu Cromatus, though aren't as skittish. I also think that they are an interesting and under-rated T, especially considering price.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I have seen massive B. vagans at reptile shows, easily 6". Mine was always super jumpy and fairly defensive. I would go for the P. regalis; I have owned a wide variety of T's, and the Pokies are the only ones that I regret never having the chance to own. I saw one at the Smithsonian, and it was fantastic, only fueled my jealousy more lol

web eviction

Arachnolord
Be patient save up and get all 3, I have 2 regalis 1 adult female and a 3 inch male one of my favorites

imatroll

Arachnopeon
If I were you I'd wait and get all three, but the one that I'd pick first, or mainly the best option, would be G. pulchra. I admit to favoritism because I have one myself, but they're really awesome. Good luck with your decision!

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
thank you all

ill try get the g.pulchra and p.regalis and if i can ill get the b.vagans as a freebie