??? what the??

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Now, I was under the belief that Grammostola aureostriaum is more commonly known as Chaco Gold Knee. I have a link here that, if you would, please look at. Someone is selling G. aureostriatum as Mustard Tarantula, and, are id'ing them as Grammostola aureotiata..Is this a different t?
Peace,
Gillian
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=30&de=52447

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's just a 'made up' common name... Dealers often do this to make their stock stand out, or because they don't know any better and their wholesale suppliers have it written like that on their stocklists (or invoice).

I'm not sure that G. aureo even has a 'formal' common name yet. We've called it Chaco Golden Knee or Golden Stripe Knee or variants thereof.

bill

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bill,
Ah, I get it. All I know is, with each passing day, I learn more, and more. I have one of these beauties at home. Unfortunately, a male. However, he is a very sweet, mellow t. Someday, I'll get a female. More than likely not for breeding, just so I can have this one-of-a-kind t for a long time.
Peace,
Gillian

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Keith

That’s Keith for you. He is a good guy. His store is less then a mile away from here. He received them as Mustard Tarantula from Burgundy Reptiles earlier this year.
Thanks
Justyn

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gillian,
I want a Chaco so bad. I had a chance to buy a beautiful 5" female about 6 months ago for $125.00 and passed. I've been sorry every since. I need that T.

Ernie

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Better Jump on it then MR T since hes selling it for $60.00 instead of $125.00. Nice looking T!

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Gillian,
I want a Chaco so bad. I had a chance to buy a beautiful 5" female about 6 months ago for $125.00 and passed. I've been sorry every since. I need that T.

Ernie
I got a 5"+ female for $30. I say if you shop around you can find one cheaper than $125.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ernie,
They are awesome t's! Even my sling male..although, he's just about juvie, is so damn cool! Of all my t's thus far, that can be sexed, he's top on my list to get a female, so I can have a Chaco, longer. I can hold him, scoop him up, any old way, no excitability, no hairing, nothing. Not to mention, he's dog-ass tame. Eats like a friggin horse. He's about maybe 3 inches, and, (I hate to admit this) if I let him, he can eat up 7 adult cricks a week. (I do, however, have that trimmed down, I just wanted to see if he had a eating limit.) He and my curly are hands down, my favorites.

Jeremy,
I know, I've heard. I keep prowling the want ads..everywhere.
Peace,
Gillian

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've heard he has a good selection there. I live in Waco and I was tempted to go way the crap down there but have yet to do so. I have heard good things about his store from a guy that works at the Fish Bowl in Temple, but have heard that some people just don't like him. Just what I've heard, I still have yet to see for myself. By the website he appears to have a good selection with fair prices.

In Him,
Marcus