what the? my scorpion died last night.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it didnt look sick or anything, and i watched it eat just the day before. i cant figure out what happened. i went to check on it and i found it like this.

:(

Attachments

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That looks like a buthid to me, I'm sure one of the hardcore scorp-heads will correct me if I'm wrong.

As a family, they are not very long lived, a couple of years is typical. I'm sure there's some variation to this rule from species to species.

Wade

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Indeed, you are correct about it being a Buthid (narrow pedipalps). Highly probable on being B. jacksoni (notice the subaculear spine).
This species is quite short lived to around 3 inches max size (a couple years from birth). And, like Wade said, many are old aged when purchased as adults.

adios,
edw.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah its a b.jacksoni. i got it from invertepet.com only like 2 months ago :(

but is that normal? for the scorpion too look perfectly fine, and eating, then the next day it dies?

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I thought that scorp looked familiar!

Sorry about your loss... Email me and let's talk.

bill

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'll email you later tonight or tomorrow.

i'm the one who just ordered that flat rock and desert hairy from you a few days ago.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just found my female flat rock dead the other day. this was about a week or two after she gave birth, there were only 4 babies. maybe she was very old?
Ed

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Could be... I find Hadogenes really needs a waterdish. They may be arid by origin, but they definitely require that constant water source. Other than that (and heat - I hear so much about scorps needing a varied heat range in their enclosures), they're supposed to be quite long-lived.

bill

Mankan

Arachnopeon
Exactly what happened to mine, and a friend of mines Babycurus also, one day eating and fine, next day dead..