What the heck happened? What do i do?

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Yeah this is pretty important.

1. Please post the details about the breeder so others can avoid them.

2. If you do find out what was wrong with the feeders please share.

This is every keepers worst nightmare and if your experience can help others avoid the same scenario you should share.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Yeah this is pretty important.

1. Please post the details about the breeder so others can avoid them.
FYI I'm pretty sure it's against AB terms of service to post vendor details anywhere outside of the review section! I could be wrong, but I feel like I've seen threads mentioning the names of places get edited or deleted by mods.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
FYI I'm pretty sure it's against AB terms of service to post vendor details anywhere outside of the review section! I could be wrong, but I feel like I've seen threads mentioning the names of places get edited or deleted by mods.
good catch, I believe you are right. it has to be there or in PM.

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
So after my slings were accidentally poisoned with that botched mealworm batch. I’ve officially only lost 1, my i mira, my c darlingi is still unaccounted for, my white knee is out of the death curl and has moved a bit and my t stirmi, sling is back to being nothing but attitude, my G pulchara however, is out if the death curl, is not moving at all BUT, I did get a tiny response when I was adding more water. It kinda seems paralyzed atm and I’m wondering if that’s gonna go away.

I’ve contacted the seller, it was local in my town (Co, Springs) but heard nothing back. Normally, i would feed them either the supply I got from my usual seller or my roaches, but he was out and my g pulchara, eats me out of small roaches so I stupidly went to someone local.

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, your only mistake (obviously, in good faith) was to 'rush in', instead of waiting a bit and then purchase from your trusted seller. Never. T's aren't cats, dogs, or else. They can remain without food for weeks, even more. Without issues.

Sorry for you and for your T's.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
good catch, I believe you are right. it has to be there or in PM.
You are both correct! :)

I think he can leave a review and post the link in a post. I could be wrong though so 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol
Also correct! Once a review is posted (after a completed transaction), you can then refer to your review in a main post, without mentioning the name. For example: "See the full details in my review here". ;)

Debby

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
On the plus side. The g pulchara, seems to be alive, i misted it and the legs are starting to get out of the curl, its gripping although I’m not getting a response otherwise.
It’s out of the completly, it just cant move. If i mist it on occasion it twitches but not every time
On the plus side. The g pulchara, seems to be alive, i misted it and the legs are starting to get out of the curl, its gripping although I’m not getting a response otherwise.
Newest pic. Its out of the curl: i think its still alive. On occasion it twitches a leg and now its back legs are stretching out. It just seems paralyzed atm and im not sure what to do.

My supplier was out of food so I had to go to a different local supplier. Fed my slings and juvie small meal worms. They eat them no problem. Come back a few hours later. My i. Mira sling. Dead. My g pulchara, my most active tarantula and best eater. Death curl possibly dead, twitched once that was it. My a geniculata juvie, death curl but is starting to move. My t. Stirmi sling okay but is in a stress pose and the c darlingi sling is nowhere to be seen.

I’m mad. I’m worried. What happened with their food. My tarantulas were fine until i gave them those meal worms.

Posted a pic of my g pulchara. I don’t know if it’s too late.
Update on the sling: It seems to be paralyzed BUT, it’s out of the curl and its back legs are stretching. Any ideas what to do?

Yeah, your only mistake (obviously, in good faith) was to 'rush in', instead of waiting a bit and then purchase from your trusted seller. Never. T's aren't cats, dogs, or else. They can remain without food for weeks, even more. Without issues.

Sorry for you and for your T's.
Yeah, I’ve learned my lesson. My roaches aren’t breeding fast enough and my g pulchara is a damn eating machine. That’s why I was so shocked when after eating the worm it was in a death curl. I have 25 arachnids and this tarantula is the most active, most likely to eat. I’m so excited to see it grow. Im hoping it pulls through. Its, out of the curl but it seems paralyzed. It is alive though cause it occasionally twitches and it’s starting to straighten out its back legs.

Attachments

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
isn't there a Pet***** in Co Springs? Big Box stores typically have feeders, at least they do where I live. I never use them but I know they have typically crickets, mealworms and wax worms

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Update on the sling: It seems to be paralyzed BUT, it’s out of the curl and its back legs are stretching. Any ideas what to do?
From previous examples on the forum of tarantulas poisoned by pesticides or attacked by tarantula hawks... time is the biggest healer. Just make sure the spider continues to drink.

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
I remembered last night i also fed my blue dwarf baboon the meal worms. Went digging could not find the worm so I assumed it ate it. Went into the tarantula room 2 hours ago, found it in it’s mouth, got it away from the tarantula, tarantula is now dead. If you are in Colorado Springs beware, I took a picture of the ad but it’s been taken down. I’m sure im not the only one. My g pulchara did not make it and as of now I have 3 deaths on my hand.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Leave a review and link it. Pretty sure that's aloud. Nobody should loose a T this way.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I'm in Colorado Springs as well, glad I breed my own feeders for the most part! So sorry for your losses, it's difficult beyond belief to lose any pet

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
I'm in Colorado Springs as well, glad I breed my own feeders for the most part! So sorry for your losses, it's difficult beyond belief to lose any pet
I do too but my roaches aren’t ready so i had to find a temporary option. I regret it.

I remembered last night i also fed my blue dwarf baboon the meal worms. Went digging could not find the worm so I assumed it ate it. Went into the tarantula room 2 hours ago, found it in it’s mouth, got it away from the tarantula, tarantula is now dead. If you are in Colorado Springs beware, I took a picture of the ad but it’s been taken down. I’m sure im not the only one. My g pulchara did not make it and as of now I have 3 deaths on my hand.
Excuse me 4, my t stirmi sling was doing well and now gone.

ive informed her and she doesn’t want to accept it.So beware she’s still selling them.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I do too but my roaches aren’t ready so i had to find a temporary option. I regret it.
Try not to blame yourself, you should've been able to trust insects bred and sold as feeders! This isn't your fault, it's the fault of the guy selling contaminated feeders