What TARANTULA is this?????

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey there, as you can prob tell fromt eh title, i want to know what tarantula this is. i've had it since it was very very small, and the guy i bought it off siad it was ment to be a redknee, but was not a redknee witch is why he sold it. since then i have had my douts about what it could be.

so i ask you, what tarantula is this?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI Peterspiderling
im not 100% sure , but it looks like a Stripe-Knee Tarantula or Zebra-Leg Tarantula (Aphonopelma seemanni)
"Stripe-Knee Tarantula is a large Tarantula with a dark brown/black body and cream/white stripes on its legs"
i saw this on the site i buy my lings from...hope this helps

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks, i was think it was a salmon pink birdeater (Lasidora Parahybana)... but i have been sceptical about that.
thanks again

anymore guesses would be great :D

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i forgot to mention that i think itas a salmon birdeater is because it behaves a bit like one. active and angry!

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One way to be sure if it is a A. seemani is that it would have a pinkish underbelly and spinerrets. L parahybana has a lighter band around the carapace. If it was a smithi it would have the adult colors by now.

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An. A. Seemani has orange spinneretts...
If it is not wild caught.. it won't have the wild caught fade...
Not an A. seemani...
Perhaps a pink zebra?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im sticking to Aphonopelma seemanni, final answer!....if its not, i'll eat both my T's!!........anyone know a good sauce/dip for T legs?

:wall:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suppose you should give more info.. what is the legspan(inches or centimeters)?.. how long it has been with you (years)?

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if it is a juvie could be very difficult to ID, but if it's an adult well lets check.. :}