What T did you Score on?

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
What tarantula did you get just because it was kinda there and you felt like it, and had no idea it was either a super rare species or you got it for super cheap?

Mine would probably be a female Phormictopus Aurautus who is around 4-5 inches for only about 80$ and my other is a female 3-4 inch Lasiodorides Polycuspulatus for about 100$
I'll post pics later when I get some good ones

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ages ago I nabbed a B.hamorii that the seller was letting go really cheap since it supposedly was a male. I got a bit suspicious about that since he claimed it was about 6 years old and quite rightly so it turned out to be a female when checked by an acquaintance with far more T knowledge than myself. I had her a good 7-8 years after that until she died for some unknown reason. It's not impossible that I screwed up her care somehow since this was before i got into the habit of proper research:(

Minty

@londontarantulas
Female sub adult, G pulchra for £30ish. Was unsexed when purchased.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I got a female G. rosea for free after questioning an institution's husbandry. Not that G. rosea are expensive or anything but hey, free tarantula. And she's my best behaved one of the bunch.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Acanthoscurria musculosa, I see them for sale now and again but I only know of a couple of people that keep them, I basically only got her because something else I'd ordered wasn't available and it was the same price so I thought "sod it, why not?"

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have lucked out on so many, it is difficult to pick just one. I would have to say the free Brachypelma baumgarteni that I was given for volunteering, who has turned out to be female, was definitely a score. Or maybe my Cyriocosmus giganteus, who wasn't inexpensive, but is the only one in Canada and has also turned out to be female. Also, my free female Bumba cabocla and my $40cdn female Avicularia metallica.
I'm very jealous over your Lasiodorides polycuspulatus female. I adore that species, it is at the very top of my favourites, and both of mine have turned out to be male.

LailaQ

Arachnosquire
I got an amazing deal on a B. albopilosum today. My friend works at the place where I bought it, and instead of $45, I got it for $15. There was another woman looking at these T’s and since she asked to see them first, she would get first pick of the three available. I lucked out and got the one I wanted. I can’t believe how much I love this little fuzzybutt as much as I do.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Some Great Deals I gotten
1 adult/1 sub-adult A. ezendami females for $20 each (got 2)
1 adult A. seemanni female for $20 (got it suspect female)
1 adult B. albo nicaragua female for $30
Probably more, but these are my favorites (excluding pricey good deals).

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
I have lucked out on so many, it is difficult to pick just one. I would have to say the free Brachypelma baumgarteni that I was given for volunteering, who has turned out to be female, was definitely a score. Or maybe my Cyriocosmus giganteus, who wasn't inexpensive, but is the only one in Canada and has also turned out to be female. Also, my free female Bumba cabocla and my $40cdn female Avicularia metallica.
I'm very jealous over your Lasiodorides polycuspulatus female. I adore that species, it is at the very top of my favourites, and both of mine have turned out to be male.
Well if any of your males hook out message me. If my female is mature by then I’m totally down to do a breeding loan. Hopefully you could get your female that way.

Here is a picture of my l polycuspulatus. She just molted last night so she is nice and colorful

58698AE5-DCB8-4EC2-9E8A-AAAE84B56FE2.jpeg 58698AE5-DCB8-4EC2-9E8A-AAAE84B56FE2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zevil

Arachnosquire
I get freebies from this guy I brought Ts from. I have gotten a Aphonopelma hentzi sling, a Brachypelma albopilosum sling, a Acanthoscurria geniculata sling, a Brachypelma boehmei, a Grammostola rosea juvenile, a Grammostola pulchripes juvenile and a Eupalaestrus campestratus sling.

I only keep the pulchripes and campestratus.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I bought a G.Rosea red and it turned out to be G.Conception which was bittersweet, didn't get the Rosea I wanted but did end up with a super rare female G.Conception, whos beauty rivals that of A.Carabena (ex. Versicolor)

Thekla

Arachnoprince
A.Carabena (ex. Versicolor)
Caribena versicolor (ex. Avicularia versicolor) ;)

Sorry, probably not the real score you're looking for but having a female T. cyaneolum and an H. chilensis (that may or not be a female as well) is kind of a miracle in itself these days, right? :smug:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
A.Carabena (ex. Versicolor)
Caribena versicolor (ex Avicularia versicolor)*

Sorry, probably not the real score you're looking for but having a female T. cyaneolum and an H. chilensis (that may or not be a female as well) is kind of a miracle in itself these days, right? :smug:
I've literally only seen them pop up for sale in the UK twice in 3 years and both within the same week, someone was selling unsexed juveniles for £40 a pop but they were sold out and then I spotted that @KezyGLA had some females for £25 each IIRC so snagged one

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Oh duh, I’m stupid sometimes. Sorry. You could try checking arachnophilliacs.com they are in Canada and had a 4” female for 225 last time I checked
Bruce has a striatus for sale, not a polycuspulatus. I have a striatus female.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Caribena versicolor (ex Avicularia versicolor)*

I've literally only seen them pop up for sale in the UK twice in 3 years and both within the same week, someone was selling unsexed juveniles for £40 a pop but they were sold out and then I spotted that @KezyGLA had some females for £25 each IIRC so snagged one
Thanks LOL I suck

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Probably the best deal I got was my 4.5" female Brachypelma emilia for $150. I know $150 doesn't sound cheap, but this species is very slow growing, and I commonly see smaller sexed females advertised for double. (Mine was not sold as female, but I could tell that she was female by vent-sexing her at the show.)