what size/age before sling require water dish??

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My curly slings I got from Holley are getting bigger and I am wondering when I need to provide them with some sort of water dish??
I still feed the slings very often and I have been thinking, up to this point, that they get enough moisture from the misting of the enclosures and the frequent feeding........
any opinions???

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I haven't given any of mine that size a water dish, but I suppose you could use a pop bottle cap. I usually go with a water dish between 21/2-3", depending on the species. Mine still seem to be just dandy without one yet.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I go about the 3 inch mark, myself. Working well so far..

Bill

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I go 3" legspan.... even then keep the water dish no more than 1cm tall.

Until then, misting should suffice for hydration

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I use the lid from a Snapple juice bottle for my 2" G. pulchra. The lid has no sharp ends and is obviously shallow enough for this size.

Bry

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have chinks of "Solid Water" in all my spiders enclosures (even the 3/4" C. Cyan)

You know, that gelatin like substance that you can get for crickets.

-Jason

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I use glass jar caps for my slings because they're small and shallow, even for the 1/4" boehmei. I keep a rock in there, too. The ones I use are about the size of a silver dollar.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mendnwngs..........do you have any success with the gel water and your spiders??
i have some of that stuff but i never even considered giving any to my spiders.........

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I kind of retract my statement somewhat, I do have the water gel in all my spiders cages, But the 2 largest also have a water dish with about 1/4" of water in each.

In the sling cup, and the 1.5" A. avics cage, its just the gel. if for no other reason to help keep the humidity up.

Plus, the little crix dont aquacide when i put them in the small spiders enclosures.

So far, it seems to be working..

-Jason