What Should I DO?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

My A.seemanni has been sitting on her small, sorta shrivelled looking egg sac for probably a month. She hasnt eaten anything and is super skinny....she wont come out of her burrow for anything. Last night I saw her out and drinking, then she went back to sit on her egg sac. Should I try feed her or what? her Abdmen is smaller and skinner looking than the pictures show. Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i'd totally throw in a cricket colony or something--she look really small...

p.s. don't really throw in a cricket colony. but try to feed her!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree,
Put a cricket in there. I bet she'll dive on it.
I fed my brooding G. rosea with no ill effect.

Or pull the eggsac, and hatch them out yourself.

Ernie

Last edited:

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh my god! give her a cow not a cricket colony!

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my H. maculata was the same after about a month with her eggsac, and my A. avic is looking mighty slim too. i cant figure out how to feed the avic, as she is webbed in very thick and is not just sitting on her sack, she carries it with her if she moves at all:? . the good news is the H. maculata is already her healthy self again. couldnt hurt to toss her a cricket.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Send "him" to me!
I hate to tell you, but your A. seemani looks like a mature male! If he is, I've got a big girl who would love to meet him. She's already produced an eggsac for me (02/02), and has molted last July. She would be ready for "intimate" encounter with a big handsome A. seemani male.
I might be mistaken, and would need to see more pix, but thats what it looks like to me.
Ralph

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by rknralf
Send "him" to me!
I hate to tell you, but your A. seemani looks like a mature male! If he is, I've got a big girl who would love to meet him. She's already produced an eggsac for me (02/02), and has molted last July. She would be ready for "intimate" encounter with a big handsome A. seemani male.
I might be mistaken, and would need to see more pix, but thats what it looks like to me.
Ralph
Dude, read, and not just look at the pictures. I guess this would have been the first male who produced an eggsac....

Dennis

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good call Dennie. I have never heard of a male who has an eggsac produced either. As well, you can see one of the very "female" pedipalps in one of those pics.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Dude, read, and not just look at the pictures. I guess this would have been the first male who produced an eggsac....
Actually, looking at the pictures wouldn't be a bad thing, either. Mature A. seemanni males look like this:

Anyone who sees something that looks like a standard seemanni and starts off about how it looks like a mature male needs to study up a little harder before breeding them or they won't get very far ;P

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Actually, looking at the pictures wouldn't be a bad thing, either.
Anyone who sees something that looks like a standard seemanni and starts off about how it looks like a mature male needs to study up a little harder before breeding them or they won't get very far ;P
Hey, I don't have any experience with A. seemanni, so I really believed what bjorgly's story told me ...

Dennis