What scorpion to own next ......

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, if adult size isn't a priority, Liocheles australasiae are awesome. Note: these are parthenogenic and max at 1". Mine will take nymph S. lateralis and pinhead crickets. At 3/4" mine WILL NOT scavenge, only live prey. This might be the only drawback of keeping them.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Adult size is no priority of mine
I actually prefer the little guys lol these seem cool but the turn off on flat rocks is they're tail lol. I love the thick tailed so. But these mini Mis seem cool lol little tanks

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Adult size is no priority of mine
I actually prefer the little guys lol these seem cool but the turn off on flat rocks is they're tail lol. I love the thick tailed so. But these mini Mis seem cool lol little tanks
Very little space required. Mine are in 2"X2"X4" acrylic enclosures made from scrap. :) L. australiasae.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Have you considered collecting a native californian species? We have some cool scorpions in socal

RTTB

Arachnoprince
California and Arizona are scorpion heaven. So many cool native species to consider.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
What the..... I'm only aware of desert hairy and superstition donensis lol please enlighten me

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I

Would love to own one lol
I've a pair, photo shows its exuvia, other is ready to molt, very plump.
I'll ask gromgrom if he has more to sell, will be seeing him later this evening. Or you can PM him yourself.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Awesome have a pic? If you wouldn't mind.

If you see him later please keep me updated lol

RTTB

Arachnoprince
California has the most scorpion species and sub species in the US. Not sure of the exact count but 54 is a figure listed.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
is there a link, site, page that would kinda map these out? ive "googled it many times" and can only find little stories about people rarely spotting one on a hiking trail or something, nothing that tells me where I can commonly search or what types we have etc...
simply doing a search on scorps in so cal all I get is the desert

alex346

Arachnopeon
is there a link, site, page that would kinda map these out? ive "googled it many times" and can only find little stories about people rarely spotting one on a hiking trail or something, nothing that tells me where I can commonly search or what types we have etc...
simply doing a search on scorps in so cal all I get is the desert
How about this? http://www.azscorpion.com/calif.html

(Edit: sorry, that's not a map, but a list of species in CA)

Last edited:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
A lot of people are guarded about their spots. The guy on angelfire does list a lot of localities which will get you a start when hunting particular species. BugGuide helps too.