What roach next?

Which cockroach should i get next?

• Total voters

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I already have G. portentosa and was wondering which roach i should get next(by the way, i do have experiance with exotic animals so i'm not a noob when it comes to roaches). LMK what you guys think:)

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know they arn't on your list but I just got some Archimandrita tesselata (peppered roaches) and they are very neat.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
True, but also rather expensive(i'm currently jobless:))

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Will they be mostly for show or are they primarily feeders.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, it seems like B. dubia is a favorite, what a suprise:p

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I couldnt decide between the glowspots or the giant cave roach. I voted for the B. giganteous. I have a colony of both, while the glowspots are prettier, the cave roaches are just so HUGE they're a bit mind boggling!!

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, but everyone seems to have them also, they are kind of like hissers, with their claim to fame being "biggest" and therefor they are very popular(and a little expensive; $3 a piece). I am suprised no one has chose any Eublaberus yet, they seem to be a lot of fun.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, b. craniifer. I hope you all know you can vote for more than 1 roach right?(i think, i made the poll that way) Just please don't vote more than 3 times, thnx.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to be different. ;) I wouldn't mind a few of those myself.

P. nivea, that is.

PeriplanetaAmer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I´ll buy a big group of Hormetica subcinta (In Europe we call it Lucihormetica subcinta), about 50 adult/subadult.:)

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Orangeheads reproduce well and are both attractive and good feeders, though a little tough shelled. PM me and I can get you some super-cheap, one time only!

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yey, i think eublaberus are so cool, especially distanti:p But posticus is just as good, just a bit more common.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
C,mon ppl, only 23 votes, there muct be more votes to go around. Also note that this is a discussion too, so it would be nice to share experiances and personal fav's with everyone:)

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Because i do not want discoids, although they are great feeders, they are overly skittish, i was also reluctant to add b. craniifer, but it's a nice collector.

HepCatMoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
currently i only have discoids, and have no experience with other roaches. i purchased them to start a breeding colony so i could stop buying crickets.

while i actually enjoy looking at them, i havent got the courage up to handle them yet. so i plan to start with the nymphs and work my way up.

sadly i dont have any newborn nymphs yet. when my discoids arived they were all immature and i just started getting adults a couple weeks ago. so far i only have 3 adults, so chances are good they are all male or female.

specifically i am feeding fat tailed geckos. the thing about these discoids is the adults are far too large and robust for my geckos to eat, so i will only be able to feed small nymphs.

hopefully soon ill have more of them mature and start getting nymphs.

anyway, after all that, im planning on trading some of my discoids for another species. again, i plan on using this species as a feeder. ill probably want dubias, as the larger roaches do not remind me of the germans that infest my apartment. however i have heard that lateralis is a small non-climbing species wich means i could also feed the adults to my fatties. unfortunately, ive also heard they are real fast, and my fatties are anything but fast, so...

well just see what somebody wants to trade. :D

Last edited:

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had both discoids and dubias. I only have discoids now. I think discoids are mellower than dubias. Although they night breed a bit slower i like the way they look and there personality better.