What plants are suitable for caribena versicolor

Quality bleach

Arachnopeon
Does anybody know of some cool looking plants I can use for a c. versicolor? Are there any species of bromeliad that is suitable for versicolors?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Does anybody know of some cool looking plants I can use for a c. versicolor? Are there any species of bromeliad that is suitable for versicolors?
The fake kind lol. If this is your first T or first Aviculariinae sp, my suggestion is to walk before you run ;) .

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Any plant that couldn't ruin your setup's conditions or go against your T's needs.

As @l4nsky sugested, better to make small steps, and to learn with each of them.

Do you have any experience keeping avics or planted tanks?

Which kind of enclosure are you going to use? A enclosure with high amount of ventilation is mandatory, to prevent stagnation and to keep correct levels of humidity. A convection style one, imho it's your best choice, as it keeps the whole enclosure humid and with quite stable RH values.

Quality bleach

Arachnopeon
Any plant that couldn't ruin your setup's conditions or go against your T's needs.

As @l4nsky sugested, better to make small steps, and to learn with each of them.

Do you have any experience keeping avics or planted tanks?

Which kind of enclosure are you going to use? A enclosure with high amount of ventilation is mandatory, to prevent stagnation and to keep correct levels of humidity. A convection style one, imho it's your best choice, as it keeps the whole enclosure humid and with quite stable RH values.
No, this is my first one. I have had planted tanks with other animals like chameleons, just not tarantulas. I have mine in an exoterra 10 gallon. I know stagnation is a problem with these tarantulas, so I was planning on fake plants, but I wanted to see if maybe there was some perfect plant for them in terms of watering and lighting. Most likely I will just stick with fake ones though.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
The kind made of plastic are safest for Avicularia / Caribena species

Dorifto

He who moists xD
No, this is my first one. I have had planted tanks with other animals like chameleons, just not tarantulas. I have mine in an exoterra 10 gallon. I know stagnation is a problem with these tarantulas, so I was planning on fake plants, but I wanted to see if maybe there was some perfect plant for them in terms of watering and lighting. Most likely I will just stick with fake ones though.
In that case, better to keep it simple. Get a nice vertical enclosure with low and top vents, so the air keeps circling, even if there isn't any external air current to help.

Decoration wise, use a hollow cork tube or flat bark and clutter the top with leaves. You can use a tall fake plant to offer some top coverage or use a fake climbing plant for the same purpose. Moisture wise, keep a small portion slighlty moist if your climatic conditions are dry enough, and add some moisture only when it dries, never following schedules.

There are a lot of plants that are very easy to keep, like Chamaedorea elegans, Nephrolepis, Fittonias, Ficus colombia, Pothos, Hedera Helix... But those will need a quite big enclosure and with ample of ventilation in order to keep it healthy. Lighting wise, any full spectrum led lamps should work.

The kind made of plastic are safest for Avicularia / Caribena species
To keep them simple, 100% with you.