what phasmids eat

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
k i need all the dif. kinds of leaves that australian prickly stick insects can eat including picks if possible thanx
mike

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Leaves

I was told to feed them mulberry and oak leaves, but make sure that you remove all new growth from the sprig, as these can poison Sticks. Mine loves dark green mulberry leaves the most, but just look on some caresheets because there are several other types of leaves that are good for them too.
Aubrey

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
phasmid food...

They will do just fine on a diet of blackberry leaves. You can also feed them Mulberry , rose, and some will eat oak.

Phil

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Longbord yes that lookslike a variegated strain of Ivy, and yeas E.T.'s (Extatosoma tiaratum) are Macleays Specter Stick Insrct a.k.a. Australian Prickly
ORION

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you can feed australian giant spiny stick insects pyracantha, bramble, ivy, grape, oak and rose. ive got a male. it will live approximately 18 months once it reaches adult life i think.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
reptillian your talking about the giant spiny stick insect(eurycantha calcarata) living up to 18 months :embarrassed: the Extatosoma tiaratum only live for 1 year maxs ;P