what merits a tank cleaning ?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pink lady : I'm new to town....
Where the heck can I get 10 inch tweezers in Hamilton ???
try to find semi-local exotic animal shows or exotic petstores (who charge too much, usually) or you will probably end up buying them online

i have an 8" and a 12" metal tip pair. i feed out roaches using the smaller pair and do cage maintenance with the longer

i also have a pair of rubber tipped 8" that i use to pick some bugs up with

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pink lady : I'm new to town....
Where the heck can I get 10 inch tweezers in Hamilton ???
I know you can order them from Big Als aquarium services on centennial and you may also be able to get them at the reptile store on King st.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what exactly does tarantula poop look like? I've only been an owner for 6 weeks now, so i guess i havn't been fortunate enough to notice...
tarantula poop is white. at least it always has been for me. usually i find it along the sides of my g. rosea enclosure as if it used a water gun and shot it there. normally, poop takes a pellet form. that is how my other tarantulas crap it out, as pellets.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do you guys remove your water dish for cleaning. Since I have been bit in the past by a T I'm a little freaked out about putting my hands in the tank.

i use old school BBQ tongs. They're designed like a pair of scissors only in place of blades there are rounded tips for grabbing and flipping meat on the grill. :) They're a big clunky for delicate jobs, but they're just perfect for grabbing a water dish and pulling it out

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I do not clean out spiders. If one leaves a large bolus from a cockroach I will remove it but other than the occasional glass cleaning on messy arboreal tanks I leave them alone.

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now thats what all that white stuff is stuff to the side of my G.Roseas tank.. :wall: