What kind of T's do you guys recomend as a starter?

petertaal

Arachnopeon
please help me newbie hir! A good T to start with! easy to find easy to feed easy to take good care! :?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
try using the search function, there are many threads on this topic ;).

but still, cheap and easy to find: grammostola rosea or grammostola aureostriata are both easy to take care of, cheap and easy to get. they make very good pets and most specimen of either species are very calm.

if you want to spend a little more, i'd recommend brachypelma emilia or smithi. some of them kick hairs, but they are gorgeous, easy to take care of and good display ts.

petertaal

Arachnopeon
a rosea would be nice i guess! But i relly dont know how to take care of it

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
a rosea would be nice i guess! But i relly dont know how to take care of it
If you don't know how to take care of it then I suggest you start reading all you can about general tarantula care before you even think about getting one. Then once you are familiar with how to care for one you can think about what kind to get. :)

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what kind

You also need to decide, arboreal or terrestrial, too. Arboreal - avicularia(pink toe) very popular choice, terrestrial - one of the brachys, or a rosie

goferris

Arachnopeon
its got to be B - ALBOPILOSUM the best you can get ++ phil
i agree ful hearted. i don't like g rosea (rose hair) personally. i have a b albo (curly hair) and it is so chill and cool looking. it just moulted this week too. i also have an avic avic (pink toe). cool spider but very jumpy and pretty quick. mine won't web for some strange reason. all in all i love them both.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty much any Brachypelma or Grammostola will take the cake, I recommend a G aureostriata, B albopilosum, B smithi, B emelia, and so on. My little rosie sling is too small to judge.:razz:

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As far as beginners go you can't go wrong with a curly hair (B. albopilosum) or a rosie(G. rosea).

My rosie(I call her Cuddles) is the most docile pet I've had.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another vote for g. aureostriata. Docile, nice color, and they get pretty big.

golda

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd go for Rosie's or Brachy's *albopilosum* would be a great starter.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i say it again B - ALBOPILOSUM you just give it a go and you will not regret it a fun ( t ) to keep well i get off my soap box now lol +++ phil

carrieh

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't know which to recomend above the others:? All the ones that I have are concidered good starter spiders. I like them all. I say if you can't decide get one of each{D . That's what i would love to do.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i say it again B - ALBOPILOSUM you just give it a go and you will not regret it a fun ( t ) to keep well i get off my soap box now lol +++ phil
My male albo is not even 3" and it's already kicking hair and striking at the forceps =/

petertaal

Arachnopeon
Thanks to all of you guys for the replies! but i got my T's already i got a salmon pink bird eater, mexican fire leg, GBB, and a A. genic! ehehehe...

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO, in order..

G rosea
B smithi
G pulchra
L parahybana
A geniculata
G aureostriata