What kind of scorpion is this?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think you should give it to Abyss but thats just my opinion. Nah jk. I want it but I've been waiting 14 years I could wait a litttle longer.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eddy,

I dont think this is C. suffusus, again compare the carapace patterning. IMO it looks alot more like C. limpidus than C. suffusus

Cheers,
Ryan

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello Mikeymike,

As you maybe know, we can't ID scorpions from photographs.. But what noone has said to you really, is that you have probably one of the most toxic scorpions in the world! You should treat it as a C. noxius, C. suffusus or C. limpidus.. In other words; very dangerous! I think you have one of the few scorpionspecies that can kill you.. Certainly in Mexico they would have stomped it...

Maybe it is a good idea to sell this if you don't have experience with this kind of medically important scorpions. I hope you do this because I do not like how you describe its behavior. Don't be fooled by any shy or gentle appearance of this scorpion! I very much advise you to be extremely careful with it as long as you keep it.

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Hello Mikeymike,

As you maybe know, we can't ID scorpions from photographs.. But what noone has said to you really, is that you have probably one of the most toxic scorpions in the world! You should treat it as a C. noxius, C. suffusus or C. limpidus.. In other words; very dangerous! I think you have one of the few scorpionspecies that can kill you.. Certainly in Mexico they would have stomped it...

Maybe it is a good idea to sell this if you don't have experience with this kind of medically important scorpions. I hope you do this because I do not like how you describe its behavior. Don't be fooled by any shy or gentle appearance of this scorpion! I very much advise you to be extremely careful with it as long as you keep it.
I agree with this 100% :clap:

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi.

I see my link was placed in the thread so I'll provide some food of thought. I agree with Andre2's statement below. Be extremely careful with your decisons and choices regarding the specimen.

Centruroides taxonomy is in limbo period that no one can literally provide a determination to species level based on the current literature. Molecular data may sort out the mess soon at the species level. Some pilot studies have been published already. The question will be if C. suffusus is actually C. vittatus with a more potent venom in the Durango population. Maybe or maybe not but all Centruroides out of Mexico are to be taken seriously if in one's possession. I've know a few people that have come across the same situation with an un identified species found in a grocery store, etc.

So, becareful and be wise !

Cheers.

Sinc. Chad

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Let me just fix some of your grammar.

They can sure hurt you. C. vitattus hurts most people pretty good but I don't know of anyone that has had any medically significant reactions. I don't know about other species of centruroides though.[/QUOTE

who asked you.