What kind of scorpion is this?

Mikeymike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I work in a fruit distribution factory and found this, alive, with some mangos that came from Mexico.

Everyone wanted to kill it but I spared the little bugger, can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks!

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You caught that in Ontario? The species and the locale doesn't add up.

Mike

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh didn't see that part. Mexico opens it all other sorts of Centruroides then...

Mike

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

it´s definitely a male Centruroides but that´s all one could say by those pics. Could be C. vittatus, C. noxious but as well any other Centruroides sp from Mexico.

Mikeymike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are any Centruroides dangerous to humans?

I have no idea what to do with this thing. I don't want to kill it but at the same time I can't keep it around, if anyone in the area wants it let me know.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
definately looks like a vittatus to me
looks very close to a C. hentzi, but not native in that area

great find
you gotten a scorpion from two countries over without even placing a order , awesome

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

I don't think this is a C. vittatus, the carapace patterning is very busy and it lacks the definitive triangle shape C. vittatus possess. I would be inclined to say C. noxious or C. limpidus.

Cheers,
Ryan

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

I have no idea what to do with this thing. I don't want to kill it but at the same time I can't keep it around, if anyone in the area wants it let me know.
they can sure hurt ya. C. vitattus hurts most people pretty good but i dont know of anyone that had any medically significant reactions. I dont knwo about other species of centruroides tho

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

I don't think this is a C. vittatus, the carapace patterning is very busy and it lacks the definitive triangle shape C. vittatus possess. I would be inclined to say C. noxious or C. limpidus.

Cheers,
Ryan
after you had pointed that out i taken another look and have to say you are right, there isn't any triangle shape and the striping on the carapace is too thick

thanks for pointing that out

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

It would not be a good idea to get stung by a Centruroides, especially an unidentified one from Mexico or Central America. I believe most fatalities are in young children and the elderly in remote villages, but I would avoid it anyway.

If you want to unload it, just post a thread in the Canadian forum, I can think of at least one person in the area that might want it.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah no C. vittatus there but I definately second the Centruroides sp. but I'm not sure which one.

Marshal

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

PM me, if you can ship it to me I will take it! Pleeeaaase!