What is this?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The local pet shop guy gave me this little spider he found in his reptile shipment the other day. I have no clue what it is, but it looks similar to a wolf spider to me. Any ideas? Here's a pic:

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, the body structure is extremely similar to that of a common Southern Wolf Spider. But, the common Southern Wolf Spider around me is quite a hairy joker and grey with black combine! Great amusement though!

adios,
edw. :D

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought wolf spiders were hairy as well, but I have no clue where this little guy came from. I'm keeping it either way...it was free after all.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It should've been free, it's missing a leg! *lol* only kidding. I find the spiders with body types such as this to be highly aggressive. You can pretty much bet that it's not a dangerous species, though it could cause struggle for a lizard or such and would obviously hurt if you were bitten, cause those little suckers just grasp whatever they bite and don't let go. I tend to feed a lot of the wolf spiders I catch around the house to my scorps and they love them to death! Obviously, huh? They are pretty cool to keep too, though they aren't exactly communal. I have a few wolfies I'm breeding right now and a few which have already given birth and have itty bitties riding their backs. They are pretty interesting.

adios,
edw. :D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd say that that's probably NOT a Southern Wolf Spider.. hmm, i don't know!!

:)

-->pointless post

peace,
dave

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
He seems rather dark. I never seen a wolfie be that dark....if it is a wolf. Why not look up wolfies on the net and do a comparison ?

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
What is it

Originally posted by pategirl
I thought wolf spiders were hairy as well, but I have no clue where this little guy came from. I'm keeping it either way...it was free after all.
Did you find out what it is? Still have it?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, I still have it...I'll post another pic later. It molted since the above pic and now the colors are a lot better. I still don't know what it is.