what is this??

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Im definetely no tarantula expert, but it looks to be of the Haplopelma genus.

Alex S.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
chinese black tiger. Selenocosmia haiuena or however you spell it.

-Jeremy

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
and the winner goes to

Dilleo you impress me hehehehe I have taught you well lol yes it is the Selenecosmia Haina / Haplopelma Sp. it doesnt show it on that pic but yes they have the unique mustache on the scopula, Conipto Hapolpelma MInax doesnt have those beige bands on the end of the femurs jsut something to point out :D

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Thanks everyone. Still, what a gorgeous t..

Peace,
Gillian

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: and the winner goes to

Originally posted by Haploman
Dilleo you impress me hehehehe I have taught you well lol yes it is the Selenecosmia Haina / Haplopelma Sp. it doesnt show it on that pic but yes they have the unique mustache on the scopula, Conipto Hapolpelma MInax doesnt have those beige bands on the end of the femurs jsut something to point out :D
Yes, a very dark Selenocosmia hainana, but Jack,
the "mutache" is on the chelicerae, just to clear it up. I'm sure you meant that. Scopulae are the pads on the underside of the tarsus and metatarsus
that allow spider to cling to surfaces.
BOOM baby, yeah!

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
OK ok

that is what I meant John, bring your digital camera down and take a pic of mine and post the damn thing lol tarantulalover read above posts it isnt H minax

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Isn't it amazing how, the more so called "dangerous" tarantulas are more aesthetically pleasing? I could have sworn that this tarantula was a G. pulchra, but with white.

Peace,
Gillian