What is this odd texture on G. actaeon's abdomen?

drusila

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I recently purchased this juvie G. actaeon and she is doing great except she arrived with her abdomen looking a bit odd. Is this a piece of stuck molt from before or something else? It doesn't seem to affect her at all but I was just wondering if it's something I should be concerned about. I've only had her since Wednesday; she arrived like this.

1000033593.jpg

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Looks like clumps of urticating hairs. It should come off the next time she grooms herself thoroughly.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes agreed with the above, just urticating setae that aren’t totally dislodged, nothing to be concerned about!

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Its right were the mirror-patch, the gold-like patch of urticating setae is located with this genus, so yea as others have said just some kicked-loose urticating setae that have yet to fall off

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Perfectly normal. As others have said, the G actaeon naturally has a specific patch in that area and if only just received, likely been kicking too.

She is fine 😊

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
As above, urticating setae. As she just moved, she’s likely setting them down as protection in her new home. “Booby traps” for any would be aggressors.