What is the typical lifespan of Linotheles? How long can I expect a male to live?

LinotheleLover

Arachnosquire
Reason being, I just lost my male after having raised him from a sling 3 years ago. I am wondering if I did anything wrong or if that's the expected lifetime for that genus. Thanks!

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I don't think so, my male L. sericata matured in about a year in my care, i don't know the exact age but he couldn't have been more than half a year old when i got him.
He is still fit, but i honestly don't expect him to make it for more than another year at most. Especially since he has dropped half a spinneret for some reason.
If i remember correctly i have read some posts that said 2-4 years is the average lifespan of a male Linothele. So far it looks like both of our spiders fall right into that range.

When did yours mature? What species was it?

LinotheleLover

Arachnosquire
I don't think so, my male L. sericata matured in about a year in my care, i don't know the exact age but he couldn't have been more than half a year old when i got him.
He is still fit, but i honestly don't expect him to make it for more than another year at most. Especially since he has dropped half a spinneret for some reason.
If i remember correctly i have read some posts that said 2-4 years is the average lifespan of a male Linothele. So far it looks like both of our spiders fall right into that range.

When did yours mature? What species was it?
It was an L. sericata as well, and yes he was a mature male. I guess its kind of a relief that he was in the ballpark of their lifespan it seems.