Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

What is the Rarest/Most Valuable Scorpion Species Available?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Najakeeper, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Kaiser Scorpion

Kaiser Scorpion Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Thank you!

No, on the right there is a female of P. cavimanus from Tanzania.
    Infact this species is absolutely smaller than P. dicator.

2. Hendersoniana

Hendersoniana Arachnoangel

NL
    I see. How long is the dictator specimen may i ask?

3. Kaiser Scorpion

Kaiser Scorpion Arachnosquire

P. dictator is 155 mm long.
    The female of P. cavimanus is 95 mm.
    I have some species of genus Pandinus in my private collection and this P. dictator is the biggest.

4. Hendersoniana

Hendersoniana Arachnoangel

NL
    Thats big! Both of them! Thanks for showing us the dictator :).

5. snippy

snippy Arachnobaron

Exactly what I was thinking!

I did not know what A.p. meant? Use the species' epitheton and everybody will understand ;) It's not like it takes too much time..

Regards
    Finn

6. freeman

freeman Arachnosquire

A.austalis hector morph is pretty rare. I've kept 15 of them few years back. Also i think C.bicolor is quite rare.

7. Sarcastro

Sarcastro Arachnobaron

C infamatus are extremely rare only a a handful of people in Europe have them.

8. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

well, actually it is more common than a handfull of people in the EU hobby circuit, not something special or anything......at least not in northwest Europe

9. Troglorhopalurus translucidus is kind of rare.:D

10. voldemort

voldemort Arachnoknight Old Timer

Isometrus navaiae

11. Sarcastro

Sarcastro Arachnobaron

I have seen a lot of people in EU with a few species that were labeled as C.infamatus that were in fact another Centruroides. The last time I checked, no one in EU had them outside of Germany,Belgium, and The Netherlands..And Krist Langenberg was the only one that had them in Sweden. I could be wrong they may have spread since last Jan. but they are an awesome species I know I would love too have them here in the states. The young look like little bumble bees.

12. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Northwest europe thus.......A couple of years back we got 'overrun' by 5-6 Centruroides species with three stripes on their dorsum, meaning that they where very similar in appearance. I never saw any misidentified specimens in The Netherlands or Germany, but I don't know for other countries......You should be able to get some of these specimens......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.