what is the most aggresive scorpion?

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what scorpions are so aggresive that they will kill intruders in thier domain even when they are not hungry?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what scorpions are so aggresive that they will kill intruders in thier domain even when they are not hungry?
it depends on the individual scorpion. You cant really generalize the way you can with other animals. having said that, some of the most aggressive ones i've dealt with were leiurus quinquestriatus and hadrurus arizonensis.

John

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
h spadix and h arizonensis can be very aggressive and will kill a mate even when full of food

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope you're not asking that just so you can set up death matches... :embarrassed:

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am asking because a large part of my obsession with scorpions is that i perceive them as little warriors but my emperors so far wont kill anything and only eat already killed food.

where as my chilean rose tarantula would visciously kill things for no reason as would my centipede which i caught in the wild in Oahu.

so now i am interested in acquiring an aggressive scorp to watch it kill crickets.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Centruroides vittatus can be very moody. What I mean by moody is the fact when they're hungry they ATTACK!

When they're well-fed, ironically they can be tolerate even flighty.

I also read a scientific article somewhere years ago (I wonder if I could dig that up) about Brachypelma smithi being immune (or partially so) to certain (or all) North American scorpion venoms yet Centruriodes venom being deterrent an equalizer preventing itself from being devoured.

Now that is admirable if a C. vittatus can fend off these tarantulas that are 20Xs greater in size or more with it's venom. That's a form of aggression.

EDIT: hunting down said link but probably long dead.

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my H.hottentotta are more agressive than my Lq.h. and my P.trans is pretty savage. it will kill and try to eat anything that goes in the tank.. even if it doesnt need to eat. I would say the most defensive and "ready to battle" scorpion I have is my Scorpio Maurus though.. that thing is a little tank. but over all I would say my Hottentotta are the worst. they literally hop in the air striking their tail in an upward sweep just for me touchin the deli cup. and they will continue to do it for a prolonged period of time.

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fierce Scorpions

Try a P.Transvaalicus, my 4th instar is already a mean ass ... mind you, remember your safety goggles. Emperor scorpions, generally are docile, much to the sadness and protesting of the otherwise Goth Kids, they look evil, being all black and large, but aren't really, my, so I'm afraid, they aren't that much of a little warrior. I'd say go for a Parabuthus Species, but becareful if you've never kept any Buthidae, the stings are fairly powerful, and they have been known to occasionaly spray venom. Infact, try a lesser Buthid first, like Uroplectes Sp., the are also fairly cheeky, but arent likely to send you to the ER.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
IME A.bicolor They will become defensive when a shadow passes above or a gentle air current passes over them. However, A.bicolor is a very potent scorpion and is also very fast. Definitely NOT something for the inexperienced or novice scorpion keeper.

Though eventually they will become habituated/

John
];')

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I suppose I'll throw my $.02 in...Smeringurus mesaensis is the most aggressive scorpion that I've owned with my Hadrurus arizonensis(RIP) being a close second.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll throw in another vote for C. vittatus. It's been a little over a week since I last fed them and last night I put 6 full grown adult crickets in the communal enclosure of 8 scorps. All eight of them, once they realized there was food running around, came out from under the big piece of bark light a bullet. I haven't seen that kind of speed out of them since I first caught them. I know other scorps can be just as viceous but I don't know about more viceous. The jacksoni are pretty quick to kill too.

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IMO L.q hebraeus this guys raise their tail as soon as they feel a little movement in the tank, after that they start patroling. They are by far the most agressive scorpions I ever had.
-.Raul

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Vaejovis spinigrus are quite entertaining, just received ten adults from Spider Pharm today.

Man, I was releasing them from the vials and most of them weren't going to budge without a fight. Got them all out very gentlely.

Stocky tails and full of piss and vinegar. Make A. australis of equal size look like scared lil wussies.

NEAT!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pandinus Imperator.

Just kidding.
{D hee hee my emperor is pretty aggresive........for an emperor that is, but my androcs,parabuthus,leirus are really aggressive{D even my giant malaysian heterometris is always in a real pissy mood:) always ready to fight.