What is it ? Shining ?

Twisted Shafter

Arachnopeon
Hi there just wanted to ask what it is that I see on the back of my greenbottle blue tarantula. And it's not the shimmer of its colours. It's located on the section that joins the carapace and the abdomen. Looks like a shiny ball ? But of clear water ?!? I'm not stupid and I hope it's not bleeding as this looks similar. But it's perfectly round and shiny when I put light on it. Anyone have any ideas. It's an adult that's all I know.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi there just wanted to ask what it is that I see on the back of my greenbottle blue tarantula. And it's not the shimmer of its colours. It's located on the section that joins the carapace and the abdomen. Looks like a shiny ball ? But of clear water ?!? I'm not stupid and I hope it's not bleeding as this looks similar. But it's perfectly round and shiny when I put light on it. Anyone have any ideas. It's an adult that's all I know.
Pictures PLEASE!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Without pictures then my guess is, yeah, it's bleeding. And if it's bleeding there, it's probably going to die. However, a guess without pictures is about as good as an education without books.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
im guessing bleeding but it might just be a drop of water if you only recently noticed it. punctures on the abdomen are pretty serious, i had a MM boehmei with a puncture that survived completely and stopped bleeding after a day or so. the hole was pretty small though. it may have came from a sharp piece of decor in the cage. make sure theres no sharp edged things or very rough objects in the cage.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It could be a mite of some sort as well. I had these 'bubble' type things on one of mine recently and they could be mites.
I understand that you are very anxious over this, but people will not be able to help you properly unless they can see a photo. Nobody can even hope to diagnose anything without actually seeing it.

Sana

Arachnoprince
If it is a bleed you could try to stop it by putting a little bit of flour on it. It's a technique that is recommended for bleeds on cats and dogs. It could possibly work and I don't think it will hurt. I would advise you to take a picture and post it to confirm a bleed before putting flour on a tarantula that might just have a drop of water sitting on it.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sure. It's a "Shining" matters only my man. "Magic, holds a lot of magic." <--- The Warriors

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think your T is bleeding and it might die tomorrow. W/out a picture I could be wrong.