what is charlotte?

Karity

Arachnopeon
what is IMHO? I actually changed substrates within the past month. She was in a 5 gallon tank with potting soil mix but she webbed over the top of it, made a burrow and rarely would come out. I thought she needed a little space and the reptile shop put that in the new cage. I will look into those foamariums, they look great. 100 cages? You must never get lonely! Are you a dealer?

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Welcome!

Originally posted by Karity
what is IMHO? I actually changed substrates within the past month. She was in a 5 gallon tank with potting soil mix but she webbed over the top of it, made a burrow and rarely would come out. I thought she needed a little space and the reptile shop put that in the new cage. I will look into those foamariums, they look great. 100 cages? You must never get lonely! Are you a dealer?
IMHO: In my humble opinion
BTW: By the way

Ed has some awesome setups and is an excellent contributor to this site - enjoy! And, pick up The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, truly the bible for the T hobby.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
me? a dealer? nooooo.........I am small potatoes compared to some I know of......one friend of mine has two bedrooms wall to wall of shelving full of kritter keepers with over 1500 t's. a lot of hobbyists have found that t's are very addicting, kind of like potatoe chips........can't have only one.
:D
Ed

Karity

Arachnopeon
You guys are so nice, I really appreciate your knowledge and am going to pick up some books, do my research and come back to the boards with something to contribute myself. Until then I will just read. I went to a couple of the links for other sites and found some yummy chips I might be into... the greenbottle blue and an asian smokey aka chilorachys sp. Are these too hard for a newbie? I am not planning on holding anything.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You guys are so nice, I really appreciate your knowledge and am going to pick up some books, do my research and come back to the boards with something to contribute myself. Until then I will just read. I went to a couple of the links for other sites and found some yummy chips I might be into... the greenbottle blue and an asian smokey aka chilorachys sp. Are these too hard for a newbie? I am not planning on holding anything.
Well the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens/Green Bottle Blue would make a nice fairly docil captive that like to web a lot and looks spectacular. The Chilobrachys sp "Asian Smokey" will most likely be an agressive burrower that can't be handled. If you do your research first and give it the proper set up it shouldn't be to hard to work with. If you are only going to get one I would go with the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens/Green Bottle Blue they are great.