What impresses you the most?

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
I really like the variety available. They are so adorable and I really like the way they walk. It is also nice that they can be shipped unlike most pets.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How incredibly different their behaviour is.. It fascinates me how something with such a limited mind capacity can have such different "personalities"(Yes, I am aware it's not really personalities, per se, but it was the closest word I could find, so lay off..)

It's simply amazing to see how they all have different habits of molting, eating, catching prey, cleaning, webbing, drinking.. I know their living patterns obviously varies because of what they were made to be able to handle, but still, that it would be that different in some of them just amuses me greatly..

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
^^ +1 ... I know I give my T's personalities ... but they ARE all different. Have seen that with 3 of my albopilosums - totally different approach to webs and hides and behaviour. What makes one more shy than another ? Why does the one like to burrow and the one not ?? Fascinates me :)

Andrei

Arachnopeon
I like the diversity and that they are some little beasts. Don't we all love the predators?

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is so many things that impress me about Tarantulas. It amazes me how many full grown 200 to 300lb people are afraid of a little bug. It amazes me to see the troves of people that don't realize that there are other colors than BROWN in the spider community. It amazes me how many people that say they are an arachnophobe and "would never ever even think about being around a spider" become instantly curious after you show them ONE SINGLE picture of a GBB and instantly become curious.

There is just too many things about this to really say what impresses me... It all does!

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The fact that these creatures have been around for hundreds of millions of years is quite staggering and impressive. They were here way before humans, and they'll be here long after we're gone. Truly amazing little buggers these guys are.

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
It amazes me to see the troves of people that don't realize that there are other colors than BROWN in the spider community. !
Haha that was me a few months ago when I was looking online for a tarantula. I sent paul at petcenterusa a message "I never knew there were so many colors!!":?

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
Their variety, before getting into T's I always thought they were all just palm sized, slow moving, and brown.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Their variety, before getting into T's I always thought they were all just palm sized, slow moving, and brown.

X2. Then I saw a GBB and my jaw dropped. Put up a pic of an a.versi sling I picked up on fb and everyone asks if its real.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is it about tarantulas that impresses you the most?
What impresses me the most, and what inspired me to get into the hobby, is the handleability of a creature that I had previously assumed would sooner impale me on its fangs than sit calmly in the palm of my hand.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Their behaviors, the way they move, how a bigger tarantula can fit in an old exoskeleton like shrink wrap, speed at which they catch prey or how slow and stealthy they can be other times. So many things. I'm probably going to die an old lady with a bunch of spiders in my house. :D

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
They are mysterious, misunderstood, and big. Some times crazy but then gentle. Plus IMO the greatest pet out there.:D

jimip

Arachnosquire
whats not impressive about a 4-11 inch super predator thats nearly blind?

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first tarantula which is my personal favorite the Hentzi is a real character she is posistioned on my bedside cabinet, and when I have my breakfast usually in bed watching TV she comes out her hole and walks over to me to the front of the tank and hangs out, a real character.

But I can sit staring at my spiders for hours can't really explain why, I am only into my Aphonopelmas they are the only genus I have a true love for.

Forgot to add they are cheap to run making them a great pet and a long lived one.