What Have I Done?!?!?!

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As you all heard or most of you have heard that my jumping spider laid her egg and it the first batch has hatched. Second batch is still there. I cut the whole sac open today and I put the spiderlings inside another jar. I put the egg sac, totally screwed it up, as I had to pull the web open to get all the lings out. It is still in its small little case. Her whole nest is messed up. If this is the right thing to do, why do I feel like a freaken loser for doing it. I've asked for advice, everyone said so. She, at the moment, is clutching the messed up left over egg sac I placed back inside her jar. She is looking at me with the most heart breaking eyes I've ever seen. I feel like i'm going to hate myself FOREVER!!

This is the last time I'm doing this, next time I'll let her do everything. :( :8o

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG she is now REBUILDING her egg sac that I messed up!! She is rebuilding everything.

Omg I think I'm going to cry. :8o

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't worry about it, she's just working on instinct. Jumping spiders do seem to have emotional eyes though, don't they?

-Olan

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Neo
OMG she is now REBUILDING her egg sac that I messed up!! She is rebuilding everything.

Omg I think I'm going to cry. :8o
I know the feeling I always feel bad when I take my rats babies for feeders.(diffrent but the same concept) Your spider doesn't have emotions so you have no reason to feel bad. I would not worry yourself one bit, and if I were you I would just not think about.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey I got good news everyone. The babies I took out all survive even till now. My house is 75-80 so its good. Humidity is around 50-60%. The egg sac that didn't hatch yet, I've placed back into the same jar that I TOTALLY messed up. She saw it and....omg this is so sad...she rushed in and checked it like a good mother she is. I tied it up near the same place that it once was and she is rebuilding it. I'm so proud of her. I've fed her a garden spider and a inch worm. I threw in a cricket afterwards but she didn't want it.

Wish me luck everyone. :p