What flavor cat owns you?

Xafron

Arachnosquire
She is not my cat but I live with her, and spend a lot of time with her. Crazy about Kimmy. Shes beautiful, loves attention, and is pretty active for a cat. Watching her sometimes is like watching a wild big cat... 20161224_223956_HDR.jpg

Her sister Missy we recently had to put down. Missy was my grandma's cat. Old, had cataracts and other problems. She was also the most awkward, uncoordinated, pathetic cat I have ever seen. Still, she was a nice cat. After my grandma passed I sorta considered her my own.

20161227_225610_HDR.jpg

They didnt always get along, but still often enjoyed each other's company.
20170301_131129_HDR.jpg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Took the kitten to the vet the other day. Let's set the mood. Fantastically clear bright sunny day. A couple of friends stop out front on their bikes asking me to go for a ride with them. I get my bike out, I'm out at the street about to mount up when this fiend from the pits of hell calls out 'Don't forget the cat has an appointment today!' (grumble grumble rhymes with clucking bell).
Load the cat in it's basket. Put in car. meeew meew meew meew meew every 2 seconds. Half hour drive to the vet. Get the thing poked a bit. Load it back in the basket. Got several stops I need to make but each would require leaving the cat in a smoldering hot vehicle. (rhymes with clucking bell) I drive back home meew meew meew meew meew. As I drive and practice deep breathing I explain to the cat it has ruined my entire day and I'm taking this personally and would you please SHUT THE H UP!!! meew meew meew meew...
Open door. Did not throw cat in basket into house against far wall. Did not give in to primal urges with hands around neck. Set cat gently on floor.
ZOOM! Into the potty it went. Coming out a solid 3 minutes later and ZOOM, emptys half the bowl of water.
Spent the rest of the day feeling just a little humble. Needed a furry blight on my personal landscape to remind me to not jump to conclusions.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
What a good kitty! She tried to tell you! If only they spoke English, right?

RIP Missy. Sad to see one go.

I didn't mean to do a cat-lady hijack of this thread. No more pics of my wild boy. When he was hugenormous people asked if he was part lynx on occasion. No. He's not "part" anything. He's all monster. Well, maybe he was part cheese burger.

The Snark

Old Timer
As far as I am concerned, hijack away. What better way to get to know the monsters (the cats) than through the eyes of their victims?

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Hoping for more people to post their cat pics!
I edited my original post to add a picture of my cat, Zuri. Didn't even occur to me post one.

Well, I have a million pictures of the same cat..... lol
I had the opposite problem -- I have 1000 tarantula pix per 1 cat pix. lol
Seriously, and more than the fact my exotic pets had their pix taken so much more often, I sadly noted I had practically no pix at all with actual PEOPLE in them. Weird how times change.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I had the opposite problem -- I have 1000 tarantula pix per 1 cat pix. lol
Seriously, and more than the fact my exotic pets had their pix taken so much more often, I sadly noted I had practically no pix at all with actual PEOPLE in them. Weird how times change.
Meh..... who needs pictures of people? I see enough of them on a daily basis;)

boina

Lady of the mites
I'm a weird cat lady...

When I was living in Philadelphia I was running a small no kill cat shelter on the side and when I left I transported 42 cats to Germany, because I had the choice of either doing that or having them all put down. I got to know the people at Lufthansa Cargo really well...
Since then I've never had less than 10 cats - People know I will take them in and they just drop them off... :meh:. I'm trying to scale down though, because it's just too much work, so I've only 12 at the moment, but you can only pet 6 of them, the rest are feral.

There's Schnuffel, the boss, a really large, long legged, athletic cat, who is outside a lot and likes to bring me rats as gifts (living in the country)
There's his sister Kira, a slender, sensitive, black and white, who always sleeps on my bed.
Julius and Augusta, whom I picked up as kittens nearly starved and close to death. They remained tiny because of malnourishment issues, and Augusta still has health issues, but she's extremely affectionate and loves everyone and constantly demands to be petted. Julius is a small devil, always up to something...
Joker, a former tom, who stopped by one day years ago and decided to stay. He's completely focussed on me and when I'm away on vacation he will disappear for days only to show up again within hours of my return. He has leukemia and will not be with us much longer.
And Max, the tuxedo cat, who got dropped off in a box with his siblings in a rather bad shape one day. His siblings found new homes, but no one wanted Max - he's a wild one...

IMG_2647a.jpg
Max, trying to figure out what this dangerous camera cover is doing there...

IMG_2571a.jpg
and Joker when he was still healthy

The Snark

Old Timer
"When I was living in Philadelphia I was running a small no kill cat shelter on the side and when I left I transported 42 cats to Germany,"

Sigh. No emote for facepalm, passed out on your back.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
I'm a weird cat lady...

When I was living in Philadelphia I was running a small no kill cat shelter on the side and when I left I transported 42 cats to Germany, because I had the choice of either doing that or having them all put down. I got to know the people at Lufthansa Cargo really well...
Since then I've never had less than 10 cats - People know I will take them in and they just drop them off... :meh:. I'm trying to scale down though, because it's just too much work, so I've only 12 at the moment, but you can only pet 6 of them, the rest are feral.

There's Schnuffel, the boss, a really large, long legged, athletic cat, who is outside a lot and likes to bring me rats as gifts (living in the country)
There's his sister Kira, a slender, sensitive, black and white, who always sleeps on my bed.
Julius and Augusta, whom I picked up as kittens nearly starved and close to death. They remained tiny because of malnourishment issues, and Augusta still has health issues, but she's extremely affectionate and loves everyone and constantly demands to be petted. Julius is a small devil, always up to something...
Joker, a former tom, who stopped by one day years ago and decided to stay. He's completely focussed on me and when I'm away on vacation he will disappear for days only to show up again within hours of my return. He has leukemia and will not be with us much longer.
And Max, the tuxedo cat, who got dropped off in a box with his siblings in a rather bad shape one day. His siblings found new homes, but no one wanted Max - he's a wild one...

View attachment 241285
Max, trying to figure out what this dangerous camera cover is doing there...

View attachment 241286
and Joker when he was still healthy

You are a busy lady for sure.
Reminds me of this book I read that was a freebie on kindle, I liked it, perhaps you can relate!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19212953-who-says-you-can-t-herd-cats

The Snark

Old Timer
Oh frack! Just read about somebody who has a partially paralyzed cat. Forgot to steal the magazine from the office.
Anyway, this person rigged up a sling where she carries the cat around. It's feet touch the ground as it likes to try walking even though it can't. She said she takes the cat with her everywhere, from potty breaks to professional business. When she sits she places it on her lap. Of course it sleeps beside her on the bed. She claims the cat never stops purring.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Oh frack! Just read about somebody who has a partially paralyzed cat. Forgot to steal the magazine from the office.
Anyway, this person rigged up a sling where she carries the cat around. It's feet touch the ground as it likes to try walking even though it can't. She said she takes the cat with her everywhere, from potty breaks to professional business. When she sits she places it on her lap. Of course it sleeps beside her on the bed. She claims the cat never stops purring.
I admire people who do things like this for disabled pets. Kudos to such wonderful people out there! Gives me a little more hope for mankind.