What else tarantulas is totally black?

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I already have Grammostola Pulchra,but it's a juvenile,And I always fascinated by black ts,yesterday I ask about Haplopelma Minax,but there's no place I can find on internet to buy it,so I wanna ask you guys is there any black Ts out there other than G.Pulchra or H.minax?maybe Hysterocrates hercules?? :confused::confused:

Last edited:

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Lampropelma nigerrimum & Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black".

BillyG

Arachnopeon
O, wasn't aware, still a nice looking T, wouldn't mind getting one for myself.
What?Hainanum?Yeah she's very beautiful,she showed me her fangs couple times when I tried to clean the habitat,but she never actually bit me or anything,more rather go away or go under hide.but still beware!!

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

the species from Hainan island is not totally black as it has at least white prominent cheliceral "beard" ;-)

But there are some nice black species from Borneo apart from Lampropelma sp "Borneo Black".
They are present in the hobby uder the names Ornithoctoninae sp. Kalimantan Borneo and Theraphosidae sp. "Ebony" Borneo.

Cheers,
Tomasz

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In my experience A. behlei has not been entirely or really black.
I'd go with Brachypelma vagans. One of my ladies is the deepest most beautiful black I've ever seen.
Her butt's red but that's only her butt, so I thought to suggest it.
That plus how affordable and readily available they are plus your fascination with black,
I'd go for it.
:)

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ive never seen one in person, only in pictures and i dont even know if they keep it in the same genus anymore but ive heard that Brachypelma schroederi is totally black. And if my memory serves me correct Pamphobeteus antinous is also black. but i honestly dont mess with new worlds all to much so im kinda guessing on those two. as far as OW theyve already been listed, being two of my favorite all black spiders. ;P

BillyG

Arachnopeon
Wowww,thank y'all!!They're all looks like black velvet,and most important thing is!!:they're pretty easy to find!:worship:

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Most b. albopilosum are covered with dark brown to black hair. It has a golden-bronze sheen due to longer gold hairs that cover the whole body... {D

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

going that way every taratula is totally black...
We just need to get rid of that colorful hair that covers their bodies by frying them in deep hot oil for example... ;-)
Just see how black is this deeply fried tarantula!

By the way, here is my Ornithoctoninae sp. Kalimantan female:

Cheers,
Tomasz

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you had a look at C. elegans?

Hi,

To be honest I haven't seen a female of mine for quite a long time as she is always hiding deep in her burrow ;-)

I hope you take no offence, I know what you mean. We may say the female from the picture I have just posted is not totally black too, as it has two paired pale abdominal dots on the dorsal surface ;-)

Cheers,
Tomasz