What does your tarantula do for "fun"?

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Last night my A. geroldi was doing slow laps around the top of the deli cup. Today there is light webbing all around there. Guess she didn't like me opening it to give her water :wacky:

houston

Arachnopeon
My B. vagans will pose nicely on the surface of her enclosure, and the moment I get my camera focused, she retreats back down into her hole. The only pictures I've gotten of her have been of a blurry butt haha

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I did end up getting a grammostola pulchra, I think in January from an expo. He/she was about 1 inch at the time and burrowed away for at least a month when I first brought the little thing home. It's molted twice with me now and has been developing quite the little personality. Definitely a bulldozing machine. :)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
For fun, my T's like to not eat and not move for longs periods of time :D

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Balancing on self-made dirt-lumps, keeling over sooner or later. I'm not kidding. It happened with my A. geniculata a few days ago.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Mine are really skilled at sitting completely still for hours or days on end.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
My Hamorii likes to crush my love of setting up display enclosures :shifty: They look all pretty and here she comes, digging and rearranging until it is a mess only a tarantula could love... and then I'm forced to live with it because she runs that little world and I'm only here to feed, water, and clean up after her

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Huh, why feel sorry?
I mean she seems to be legit retarded, but she seems completely fine with being a derp.
Sorry I misunderstood. When you said that she keeled over, I thought you meant she died. The term Keel over is in English language slang for dying.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Sorry I misunderstood. When you said that she keeled over, I thought you meant she died. The term Keel over is in English language slang for dying.
Oh my God!
No, Jesus. Haha, I mean how would that go along with the threads title?
"My Tarantula died for fun!" :eek:

No, she's fine - just being stupid. But I start to suspect that this is a species related issue. o_O

Magenta

Arachnosquire
One of my G. pulchras likes to drag her water dish around and flip it over. I could watch her do that all day:p

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea does the 'tug-of-war' thing too haha! I thought it was giving me a threat posture, but it's more like slowly reaching for anything I use to maintain the enclosure. And then it holds on tight!
It also walks circles around the enclosure using only the walls, tries to walk upside-down on the ceiling, and spends hours climbing and sitting on the fake plant. It uses the hide all the time, but NEVER in it, only on top of it. Nice for me - buddy's always out where I can admire it!
At first I thought it hated the substrate, but it also likes pushing the dirt around for no reason.
This thing is a character for sure!