What does your shelf look like?

symbol

Arachnopeon
Ahh. I don't know why I was thinking ZooMed.
ZooMed makes very similar enclosures. ZooMed's have a single front-opening door vs. ExoTerra's double doors, slightly different style front vents, and different latching mechanism for the top screen. ExoTerra's enclosures also come in a wider range of sizes (both smaller and larger than ZooMed's), but they're really quite similar overall.

I plan to be using those for mine. I've been looking and looking all day. Just to find a reason not to use them. Other than the price, I can't. I wish I knew where to buy them in bulk. I only plan to house the females in them though. Males will stay in something smaller and basic. No need for them to run themselves out fast just for a little added space.
I do love the aesthetics of the ExoTerra/ZooMed enclosures. I plan on using them for my arboreals. Terrestrials will likely get either Really Useful Boxes or a standard glass aquarium/terrarium since I'd like to be able to use reasonably deep substrate for them.

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ZooMed makes very similar enclosures. ZooMed's have a single front-opening door vs. ExoTerra's double doors, slightly different style front vents, and different latching mechanism for the top screen. ExoTerra's enclosures also come in a wider range of sizes (both smaller and larger than ZooMed's), but they're really quite similar overall.

I do love the aesthetics of the ExoTerra/ZooMed enclosures. I plan on using them for my arboreals. Terrestrials will likely get either Really Useful Boxes or a standard glass aquarium/terrarium since I'd like to be able to use reasonably deep substrate for them.
I'll have to stick with the Exoterra. The Nano Tall and the nano are the sizes I believe are perfectly suitable for Ts up to 6". So far, I have not seen ZooMed offer that size.

Being as I will mostly have arboreal Ts, I'll only need a couple of the short nanos.

netr

Arachnoknight
@netr

Where did u get your cabinets...? And how costly were they? Are they sturdy?
Mine is a 'Stockholm' cabinet from Ikea. It is pretty sturdy and can be fixed to the wall from the top. It doesn't have its own lock, but you can easily add one to the handles. It was about $330 new, so yes, costly. I was fortunate enough to receive it as a gift from my in-laws. Should there come a time that I need another cabinet, I'll be trawling the second-hand furniture shops.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@raggamuffin415
Mine is a 'Stockholm' cabinet from Ikea. It is pretty sturdy and can be fixed to the wall from the top. It doesn't have its own lock, but you can easily add one to the handles. It was about $330 new, so yes, costly. I was fortunate enough to receive it as a gift from my in-laws. Should there come a time that I need another cabinet, I'll be trawling the second-hand furniture shops.[/QUOTE

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
wheres your pics?? im looking forward to seeing the famous Goddess...
Check 'Media Page' on my profile and you will found some, man. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to pics :pompous: plus I hate smartphones and such therefore since my phone camera sucks, I don't want to upload garbage :)

When my Bro pay me a visit and he took a pic, usually I ask him (if we aren't too drunk, of course) to send that via email, that's why I have pics uploaded here.

As far as the Goddess is concerned, I doubt that an helluva of substrate will be interesting ah ah :p

cold blood

Staff member
U should be, that was sooo easy! Youre off ur game old man lololol early symptoms of Alzheimer's perhapse
Whaaaa...what are we talking about?? Who are you...where am I?? Who took my false teeth?? Oh a nurse:nurse:, maybe she can help me.:shifty: Hey, get off my lawn!!:rage:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whaaaa...what are we talking about?? Who are you...where am I?? Who took my false teeth?? Oh a nurse:nurse:, maybe she can help me.:shifty: Hey, get off my lawn!!:rage:
U know I can be ur Anna Nicole smith, u crazy old geezer lol

Last edited:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine is a 'Stockholm' cabinet from Ikea. It is pretty sturdy and can be fixed to the wall from the top. It doesn't have its own lock, but you can easily add one to the handles. It was about $330 new, so yes, costly. I was fortunate enough to receive it as a gift from my in-laws. Should there come a time that I need another cabinet, I'll be trawling the second-hand furniture shops.
Stockholm as in Stockholm syndrome? *shutter*

netr

Arachnoknight
Stockholm as in Stockholm syndrome? *shutter*
Fortunately, the tarantula is a psychologically robust creature with an excellent resistance to the effects of conditions like Stockholm Syndrome. Go and ask your OBT if it likes you yet!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fortunately, the tarantula is a psychologically robust creature with an excellent resistance to the effects of conditions like Stockholm Syndrome. Go and ask your OBT if it likes you yet!
She does, and she promises care for me and to be at my side for all time, willingly, til her dying days.