What Does This Mean?

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, my aphonopelma seemanni has been doing this pose for about a day and a half now and i was wondering what exactly it means, i've heard that some T's will molt standing up so i thought maybe that could have been it, and I also know of the infamous "death curl" but have never seen what it looks like (and am REALLY hoping that's not what this is...) so take a look and tell me what you guys think. Oh yeah, and check out my C. Fasciatum who just molted... looks absolutely amazing, she wasn't really in the mood for photography so this is the best shot i could get. Thanks again for all your help!

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is just a defensive stance, means nothing other than it is bothered by something. A death curl has the legs curled underneath not on top. The stance could be because of you disturbing it or something in the environment that it is not happy with.

octoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine does that too sometimes.. Just to feel safe, and maybe block out some light. Nothing to be worried about.

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is just a defensive stance, means nothing other than it is bothered by something. A death curl has the legs curled underneath not on top. The stance could be because of you disturbing it or something in the environment that it is not happy with.
Are you sure? Because this is how my avic sits all the time, and I doubt it can be defensive for that long. In fact, it isn't defensive at all.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya its a defense stance, its just defending its body with its legs to feel safe. Kinda similar to ours(humans) fetal position. Ts do this quite often actually, nothing to worry about. Congrats on the C.fasciatum molt. Gorgeous.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. seemani are shy when not being poked at ;P . I always see them in that pose or flipped on their back to molt {D