Question What does the ranking system do

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
I keep seeing all these cool ranks (arachnobaron, arachnoangel, ARACHNOGOD) and im wondering what they do. Do they have any perks or benefits or are they just a thingy to show off. Also how can i up my ranking because arachnopeon sounds pretty wimpy compared to the rest.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I keep seeing all these cool ranks (arachnobaron, arachnoangel, ARACHNOGOD) and im wondering what they do. Do they have any perks or benefits or are they just a thingy to show off. Also how can i up my ranking because arachnopeon sounds pretty wimpy compared to the rest.
Only account type (Standard, Active, Arachnosupporter, and Arachnosupporter Plus) affects what you can do.

The post ranks are based on your post count and are just for fun. Your post count includes posts made on the more substantive boards (e.g., "Tarantula Questions & Discussions" but not "Tarantula Chat").

There was a sticky about post ranks, but it seems to have been deleted. :confused:

Here are the current default post ranks:

1. Arachnopeon: 0
  2. Arachnosquire: 50
  3. Arachnoknight: 150
  4. Arachnobaron: 300
  5. Arachnolord: 600
  6. Arachnodemon: 666
  7. Arachnoangel: 777
  8. Arachnoprince: 1,000
  9. Arachnoking: 2,000
  10. Arachnoemperor: 3,500?
  11. ArachnoGod: 5,000?

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I think its basically just a title that updates depending on how many posts you've made, a lot of forums have a system like that in place.

carterxwr

Arachnopeon
Thank god I found this thread, been trying to figure this out for a bit. Maybe this should be put in a more obvious place on the site?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thank god I found this thread, been trying to figure this out for a bit. Maybe this should be put in a more obvious place on the site?
I imagine because It's just a side thing. It's not exactly the main focus of the site.