What are the laws and regulation on shipping tarantulas?

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a tarantula i want to purchase, but it is from the UK. Is it possible to receive shippin from there? I'm located in the US. :?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its not impossible....... but if done right a T that would cost you 100 will cost like 500 with all the proper paperwork completed and such so you dont get arrested for breaking international shipping laws. When they ship to you they have to fill out a customs form as well so they should be looking into everything they have to to from their end as well. If you do still move forward with buying then you have to also declair the item to customs at a major airport and be there when they open it and verify that what you said was in the box is in the box, then complete your end of the paperwork and fees and such. I have done this once and will never ever do it again its so much work.

There are enough people here in the states that breed and sell that its not really worth buying outside of the country unless you are conducting large orders of 5000+. Alot of the importers do it that way but by making such big orders it makes it worth it in the end. One T is just not practical.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
its illegal
Its not at all, there are ways to get it done....... people import things into this country all the time......... but as stated above there are long drawn out ways to get all the done right.

Not to mention the risk of shipping something that far............ it would have to survive alot of up downs in a plane........ and that is a high risk in my opinion.