What action to take?

Spidey709

Arachnopeon
I have a little Curly Hair tarantula and she has dug herself a little cave and hasn't come out. She hasn't eaten for a couple weeks and won't come out for water. Should I dig her out or leave her be?

Spidey709

Arachnopeon
She molted just a couple months ago. Do you suppose she's due again. I can't see her to find the physical signs of premolt.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Goddam I say! If the little bugger continue to refuse to come out... well my man, then it's time for some Frank 'The Punisher' Castle method :troll:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Jok :-s

Nothing to worry, just leave him/her, as others said. T's know what's best.

Spidey709

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys! I've had my tarantulas molt before, but this is the first time I haven't been able to keep an eye on her while she's doing it. It made me a little nervous.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I have a little Curly Hair tarantula and she has dug herself a little cave and hasn't come out. She hasn't eaten for a couple weeks and won't come out for water. Should I dig her out or leave her be?
That is her "do not disturb" sign. She'll come out when she's ready. (Just make sure there is always a full water dish in case she gets thirsty.)

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
I'm sure she's fine. If this behavior from a T bothers you, whatever you do, do not buy a cyriopagopus lividum. The only time I saw her is when I brought her home and then 6 months later when I sold her lol

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Most spiders are naturally reclusive animals. Their instinct is to stay hidden. Being detected by predators AND prey can be a bad thing. So the best survivors through evolution were the ones that like to hide. Why expose yourself unless you have to?