western black widow buyer

CHDB

Arachnopeon
do anyone have a pregnant western black widow that is full black with no pattern retention and full red hourglass if so just pm me thanks:)

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey CHDB, are you sure you have enough money to buy it?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was contacted by this member a few weeks back, got a very weird vibe from him.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do anyone have a pregnant western black widow that is full black with no pattern retention and full red hourglass if so just pm me thanks:)
Why don't you just get a WC L. mactans? The wild-caught females are pretty much all gravid anyway, and you'll be nearly guaranteed a straight black coloration. L. hesperus is noted for its pattern retention and maroon abdominal color. A black l. hesperus is basically a normal-looking L.mactans. Why does it have to be L. hesp? Widow keepers--who are an entire sub-hobby to themselves--enjoy the variety of appearances that this genus offers. Why you would want a black L.hesp instead of a multi-colored L.hesp --especially when you can already get black black widows where you are-- is a mystery to me.

And frankly, at 14, you are too young to be keeping widows. These are highly venomous creatures, so unless you are prepared to be mistake-free in how you deal with these animals, you are setting yourself up for a hospital trip.

No responsible hobbyist will sell a widow to an inexperienced minor, anyway. ( hence the sarcasm in this thread)

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And frankly, at 14, you are too young to be keeping widows. These are highly venomous creatures, so unless you are prepared to be mistake-free in how you deal with these animals, you are setting yourself up for a hospital trip.
I dont think age really matters, it is more of a maturity issue. I have been keeping Latros since I was 14 - 15 and I have not been bitten, contrary to popular belief they are NOT aggressive and are NOT dangerous if proper care is taken. I realize mistakes happen but that is why you deal with them in a location that allows for you to make a mistake or two and not hurt you/the widow.

No responsible hobbyist will sell a widow to an inexperienced minor, anyway. ( hence the sarcasm in this thread)
The sarcasm in the thread relates more to the fact that he owes Pulk ~$25 and has for many months. Widowman jumped on the bandwagon and added in about the purple ones. :cool:

CHDB, Dont you think it is about time to pay up to Pulk?

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And Mozart could play the violin at age 3, but I wouldn't call that typical either.

Whether you got away without being bitten or not, minors in general simply should not be keeping highly toxic anything. Considering the normal maturity level, and the "hey, look what I can do!" factor of 14-year old boys, its just asking for an accident to happen, and that's how hobbies like ours come up on public radar. It's just safer all around for anything level 3 and up to be in more responsible hands.

CHDB

Arachnopeon
(What) how did I sent you a weird vibe about the black widows. I sent you the same question that was in the quote .If go back and read your messages dude. and to let you know I did sent the money to pulk so If you would poof out be gone out of my business and worry bout your self.

CHDB

Arachnopeon
And (venom )I don't want no freakin latrodectus mactans. because If you would go to my profile i live in Florida duh! so mactans is like the only black widow thats around. I want something new dude. so stay out of it. And to answer YOUR question westerns do not have pattern retention mactans do. so do more research shall we.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
(What) how did I sent you a weird vibe about the black widows. I sent you the same question that was in the quote .If go back and read your messages dude. and to let you know I did sent the money to pulk so If you would poof out be gone out of my business and worry bout your self.
I got a weird vibe because you messaged me randomly asking for widows, people with 2 posts dont usually contact people randomly asking to buy stuff unless they are up to no good. You also never responded to my message saying to contact Pulk or the fact that I said I might be able to grab you a couple hesps.

Pulk then later let me know he has had a bad dealing with you before and that the check you sent bounced. Afaik he is still waiting to be paid for the stuff he sent/the fee for the bounced check($10). He also mentioned that you seemed to want more stuff for free, when you still owe(d) him money. If that isnt weird I dont know what is.

Also, this should have been posted in the For Sale/Trade forum. Just FYI.

Edit: Here is the thread that pulk started in the Seller/Shop Inquiries/Warnings section: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=113382

Last edited:

CHDB

Arachnopeon
BUT it's not like he's not getting his money. by the way who the heck are you. you are nobody to tell me who I owe money too this is between me and pulk. And no I didn't go on the forum you just posted for me. Hah! Im only 14 and you 17 leave me the heck alone dude!

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BUT it's not like he's not getting his money. by the way who the heck are you. you are nobody to tell me who I owe money too this is between me and pulk. And no I didn't go on the forum you just posted for me. Hah! Im only 14 and you 17 leave me the heck alone dude!
Im involved because I am friends with Pulk.

What I am wondering now is if you havent paid Pulk the money he is owed why are you looking to buy more widows? Pay your debts then look to buy more, you are already seeming more and more shady with every post you make.

Arachnomore

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He's lying about his age!

If he remembers Poof, Begone.... he has to be in his 20's

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks What, that is a pretty accurate description of what's happened so far...

CHDB just sent me a message saying he sent it today. I will post a review when this is over :)

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And (venom )I don't want no freakin latrodectus mactans. because If you would go to my profile i live in Florida duh! so mactans is like the only black widow thats around. I want something new dude. so stay out of it. And to answer YOUR question westerns do not have pattern retention mactans do. so do more research shall we.
L. mactans are more noted for a straight black abdomen than are L.hesperus, which typically have an off-black maroon coloration, and frequently retain traces of the dorsal heart-spots. To ask for a black-colored L.hesperus when you already have L.mactans is like asking for a white-colored L.geometricus when you already have an L.pallidus. ( white widow ). What's the point? If you want something new, why do you want a BLACK colored L.hesperus, which will be exactly like an L. mactans. And NO, unless you have a locally exceptional population of L.mactans, they usually are less patterned than L. hesperus. A couple red dots, maybe, but pretty much your classic black overall and red hourglass widowspider.

As for the research I "need" to do, check your post count, then check mine. Perhaps notice the fact that I've been on this forum for 6 years. Perhaps search "widow spider" or "most venomous spider" in this forum, and count the number of lengthy posts I have made. I am among the most knowledgeable members on this forum in regard to widow spiders, and venomous araneomorphs in general. I know what I am talking about.

So before you attempt to flout your deep knowledge on this matter, perhaps you should get some. I've already done my research.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haha, well my parents gave me a big fat black L. mactans as a pet when I was 8! I guess they just didn't really want me? :?

...i live in Florida duh! so mactans is like the only black widow thats around.
That's not true!

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
L. mactans are more noted for a straight black abdomen than are L.hesperus, which typically have an off-black maroon coloration, and frequently retain traces of the dorsal heart-spots.
I think you mean that L. hesperus sometimes retain traces of the whitish 'saddle' of pattern not the dorsal spots. L. variolus frequently retains those spots though. L. mactans usually retains the red dot behind the spinnerets and occasionally some dorsal patterning.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can't imagine anyone selling to this dude after the show he gave us in this thread.