Went to Petco...

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Went to pick up some hoppers for B, and saw their spiders... :banghead:
20160810_132718.jpg
All B. vagans and B. smithis.... I wanted to buy them all and save them, but my dad said all I would be doing is feeding the beast. I know he is right, but it drives me insane...:rolleyes:

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
At first glance I thought it was some kind of new spice, then thought some kind of new dried food for T's. My mind just did not want to compute what the eyes were seeing until they started looking at the letters. I would have been in the same boat. Now my mind is wondering what is going on with the middle "hut" that has no "care facts".

Geoff

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
At first glance I thought it was some kind of new spice, then thought some kind of new dried food for T's. My mind just did not want to compute what the eyes were seeing until they started looking at the letters. I would have been in the same boat. Now my mind is wondering what is going on with the middle "hut" that has no "care facts".

Geoff
It does have care facts, but they are on the side not the front.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Went to pick up some hoppers for B, and saw their spiders... :banghead:
View attachment 217516
All B. vagans and B. smithis.... I wanted to buy them all and save them, but my dad said all I would be doing is feeding the beast. I know he is right, but it drives me insane...:rolleyes:
I didn't know they had B. smithis, they are not on their list of species they carry.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I did not realize b. Vagans and b. Smithi were arboreal, we'll I guess petco taught me something new

(Sarcasm)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
How many times have you been arrested?

If none. Get your sticky fingers on and shoplift those badboys.

... I kid of course. I don't condone criminal behaviour :angelic:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Tell to a group of people with long beards, exotic dress and hats (not difficult to find at all in the world we are living today) that inside, the manager loves to draw, like a crazy, Mohammed in the spare time laughing with the "employer of the month"... and justice will arrive, loool

Use this song as proof of your good faith if they wouldn't trust you :mooning:

jok

Wolfden

Arachnopeon
Surprisingly the petco by me hasn't had T's in about 2 months. Actually they didn't have a lot of reptiles when I was there today getting a couple of things for my fish.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
the petco I go to is managed by an acquaintance/friend of mine that is very conscientious of animal care. He's a local snake breeder and although tarantulas are not exactly his "thing" he doesn't mind them and has, I think, 2 members of his staff that are tarantula hobbyists. They set their cages up properly there and are very knowledgeable about spiders. I'm very lucky. :)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
if they were offering b.smithi slings for 20 bucks... I would have bought one. Regardless if I am feeding the beast. I could buy 1 pair socks from some hipster on etsy that is cruelty free or I can buy a dozen for under 10 bucks made from crying and bleeding child labor from Walmart.

I am glad that Petco is no longer selling old worlds. They are a few threads about this.

I hate the enclosures so much, I don't think people are actually keeping them in them though. You don't keep a beta fish in its cup for its entire life. Petco employees will looooooove to tell you about the 20 gallon enclosure, heat pad, heat lamp, sand, sponge, calcium, and the 2 dozen crickets you need to keep the spider alive though.

I do think it is cool that Petco is selling T's and offering a variety...even if they are doing it wrong. The hobby needs more hobbyists and I love how it is slowly getting bigger. Irrational fear of spiders just may not be that common one day.

Proper care for most species is STUPID EASY. the problem is getting the accurate information though.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
I'll have to check out the local petco and see if they have any. Last tarantula I saw at a chain was an A. avicularia at a pet smart. They had it in a critter keeper. It totally chapped me. I left, went to my house to grab cash, and drove back to get it. I guess someone else thought the same thing since it was sold within the 45 minutes it took me to get back.

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
I'll have to check out the local petco and see if they have any. Last tarantula I saw at a chain was an A. avicularia at a pet smart. They had it in a critter keeper. It totally chapped me. I left, went to my house to grab cash, and drove back to get it. I guess someone else thought the same thing since it was sold within the 45 minutes it took me to get back.
Or and just or, Petsmart trolled you! XD

Geoff