well.. i found one!

foreverbug

Arachnopeon
well... we ended up finding a T rather than buying one. we found it in our nw apartment. it is called a desert tarantula. it has a tan carapace, and it a dark brown, maybe black, on the rest of it's body. it is so cute!!!! just thought I would let ya'll know about it. don't know if it is a male or a female. it's doing well in his cage, and eating up a storm!
=D :D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice catch!!!! congrats!!!
Texas Tan?

good luck with it!
peace
dave

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's cool that you live in an area that tarantulas are native to. Good for you, good luck with your new T.

foreverbug

Arachnopeon
I am not sure what kind it is....i will take a pic of it when I get a chance.....I am still learning what each kind looks like, and the scientfic name. there are alot more in the field behind my house. i will see if it a texas tan. will let you know later on.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's awesome, You found it IN your apt.? Or outside near it? Either way that is totally awesome! Can you get any picture of it up?
Mike

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also instead of a Texas tan it could be a Texas brown! Both are great species, that i would like to have some day! Congradulations on your find!!! Sounds fun, i wish i could find T's in NJ, maybe i'll take a vacation this summer!:)
Mike

foreverbug

Arachnopeon
Well, to me it is IN the apartment. I live in west texas,and right by a field on the edge of townWe found it in a little storage area that connects to the apartment, I have seen more T's out in the field along with horny toads, prairie rattlers, and rabbits. Now for a question from the computer illeterate. I have a digital camera, and can down load the pic to the puter, but how do i post it? I feel like a total dweeb for asking. But I don't know how. I have tried. Please help

Last edited:

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay.. Its pretty easy.. Take a deep breath. :)

You can do 1 of 2 things.

1) Take the picture, open it in Photoshop, photodeluxe, Paint shop pro, gimp, Paint, or whatever photo program you have.

Check the menus for "image size" or "Image resize" or something along those lines. The idea here is to get the image down to 640 (or less)pixles wide.

If you can do that, Cool.. Save the picture as a JPG or a GIF, and make sure the picture (file) is no more than 100 KB big.

Once you have that completed, submit a post, and at the bottom of the screen your typing the new post in, look down for the "Attach File" box.
Click "browse" and that will open a new window. Your computer drives are there, Navigate to where you saved the spider picture, double click on the file. the page will go away, and the file path will be in the "attach file" box.

When ready, just hit "Submit reply" and the file should upload!

Okay, now heres method 2:
Email the image to me: Mendnwngs@hotmail.com and ill re-size, and compress the image for you, and post it in this topic.

i would try posting it yourself first tho (before emailing me) Just because its a good thing to know (How to post pictures)

I hope I wasnt too confusing. i suck at explaining things.

Greets!

-Jason

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Or......you can put your photos in an online album that allows remote linking. I use picipici.com. Once you have your photos uploaded, click on the pic you want to post. Then right click on it and choose "properties." There will be a web address that shows up. Highlight and copy that.
To post, use the tags. Type [img] and then paste the address here then type the [img] tag again, except with a / between the [ and i.

Edited because when I originally typed how to do the [img] tags it wanted to post a pic.

Last edited:

foreverbug

Arachnopeon
okey dokey - I am taking the pic in the next couple of days. now that it has been explained to me...I am pretty sure that I can get it posted. if not, Mendnwngs, expect an email.:)