weirdo G rosea = norm ( pics)

razor244

Arachnopeon
so i just had a question to see what you guys think. i had my G rosea since Sept she is approx 4 in. i didn't think a molt would come up anytime soon. . she never refused food but her butt started to look darker too me. i figured she was starting to go into pre molt. 5 days from her last cricket i look and see she has walled her hide up. in my head im like cool ill get a molt sooner or LATER. two days later i see her out again enjoying some warmth. 2 days after seeing her out she still has an opening in her hide. i haven't fed her since im not in the mood to buy large crickets for my one adult T (that may be in premolt). here are some pics so i can get some more opinions.

Before she ever walled off her hide

after she broke her web/dirt wall open

and the closest i have got to getting a recent pic of her abdomen

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Her butt does look shiny and dark in that last picture, which is a definite sign of premolt, so as long as my eye isn't playing tricks on me, I will say she is premolt. She looks nice and fat as well, so it will not hurt her to go without a couple or a couple dozen feedings. Make sure there is a large full water dish and leave her alone. She may molt in a day/ week/ month, but don't worry about missed meals. There have been reports of G. rosea fasting for 2+ years.

razor244

Arachnopeon
yea im not worried about her not eating. i figured she's premolt but wasnt sure if i was just imagining her being darker. i just though it was strange to wall up her hide then bust it down right after she made it =P.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Perfectly normal whether in premolt or not. Sometimes a T just needs some me time. :) Does the abdomen appear black and shiny to you, underneath the setae?

razor244

Arachnopeon
Perfectly normal whether in premolt or not. Sometimes a T just needs some me time. :) Does the abdomen appear black and shiny to you, underneath the setae?
she looks like shes getting a bit darker she has no bald spot to make it easy for me. maybe she just wanted some alone time before she seals her self in again to actually molt. i just never seen this so figured oppinions couldnt hurt. its always nice to know when your going to be having a molt come up.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she looks like shes getting a bit darker she has no bald spot to make it easy for me. maybe she just wanted some alone time before she seals her self in again to actually molt. i just never seen this so figured oppinions couldnt hurt. its always nice to know when your going to be having a molt come up.
It is, but with that species and at that size, premolt can be a long time.:)

razor244

Arachnopeon
so ive heard. so far ive only had slings molt so im looking forward to this one.

razor244

Arachnopeon
since she is a fatass i just have been giving her 1 cricket a week since the begining of nov. the last time i fed her was 17 nov.

razor244

Arachnopeon
just took another pic.i found her back in her hide , webbed up and some more dirt stacked up. ill see if she stays in there now until a molt.