Weird H. Mac behavior

Napier19

Arachnopeon
Last night I was being a little nosey and snuck up on my H. Mac. I noticed her doing something I had never seen from a T. She was moving her 4 front legs in and out repeatedly. She is very healthy, just ate a adult dubia 3 or 4 days ago, all movements appear to be in sync, and is definitely not lethargic. While doing this she was stationary, she was not feeding, and I don't belive she was digging (the substrate didn't apear to be disturbed this morning?). Just curious if anyone had observed such behavior before?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Do you know it's a male or female? COULD be some form of tapping from a mature male. More likely, though, it was just her getting comfy. My T's will do that too, but they stop after about 10 sec. How long did it go on?

Sana

Arachnoprince
I'm going to add a vote for grooming. It always looks completely odd to me. The first time I saw one of my tarantulas grooming herself I thought she was dying.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I doubt it was grooming. More likely practicing its routine for the Olympics.

Or just grooming.

Napier19

Arachnopeon
DARN!! I forgot I've been practicing for the boat rowing finals!!! Sneaky little witch has been watching me!!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Grooming can often make people worry. It is a quite a strange thing to watch.

I must admit when I found my first T grooming when I was younger I thought it was having a fit :rofl:

Rubbing the undeside of its abdomen like mad and poking its feet through its fangs heheh

Napier19

Arachnopeon
Haha yes I was like why are you having a tantrum you just ate a massive dubia a few days back. No way you're hungry hatefull cow