Weird .. but something to think about!

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This isnt an everyday thought 4 most people , but 4 me its everytime I handle my T . Most people dont know this but ( I deal with dart frogs alot ) how many times have you handled a T without BEFORE and AFTER washing your hands ? I was told Ts can smell taste really well ... so I make sure I dont eat and then handle a T .. same goes with a detergent , lotion or cleaner. Even more so AFTER .. hairs they may flick .. without U seeing then U rub your eyes !! This can be bad .. Just a few things to think about for Your safety and your T !

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have reptiles which can carry salmonella and kingsnakes which will happily bite me if i smell like another snake since they're cannibals. :)

i wash my hands before and after EVERY time i play with any of my animals albeit dogs, ferrets, birds, reptiles, Ts, etc.

it's just a smart thing to do anyway. protects them if before and you if after.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I will admit that I am a little lax about washing my hands before handling animals. I am always quite diligent about washing my hands afterwards, though.

Cheers,
Dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm with dave.

I'm down with washing after, especially some of the real real REAL fuzzy bugs!

but before.. well.. you forget sometimes. I don't really handle my T's,though, so no big deal.

peace
dave

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Since I don't react at all to urticating hair, or anything in that matter, I never wash my hands before nor after handling.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't know many people who do react to the hairs very badly, but its more for the whole "getting them in your eye-irritant" thing.

it takes all kinds, though!
peace
dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I wash my hands religiously before any handling of food or T's. I'm a smoker, and tend to worry about residual nicotine on my hands. Aftewards, unless I've been bombarded by a new worlder I don't usually bother washing the hands. I often switch from one T to another without washing as well.. Never had any problems there..

Bill