webbing?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
this might seem odd, but today i noticed too little puffs of what seemed to be webbing. i thought perhaps at first they were mold and that the container was too humid, but it didn't seem like it.

upon closer inspection, they did indeed seem to be balls of webbing. two of them, not together either.

what could these be? any ideas? they've gotten a bit damp since then but are holding together. they actually aren't completely round either.

??? help? :(

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im not sure Skadi,but could it be someones lunch that theyre savinf for later....Rich:}

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rich thats no lunch at all.
Skadi, your not letting enough air to venilate and those little
"puff balls" are some type of mold or something that is not supposed to be there...personally I'd replace the dirt in the enclosure but if you would rather take them out and see if they come back that should do. Just make sure you have enough venilation to not allow the tank's air to be stagnant and those little puff balls from hell will disappear. OR they could be old pieces of crickets or leftover food that has started to rot and mold up...If that's the case, just take out the food and just make sure they don't grow back, and remember to clean out all uneaten food to prevent this from happening again. :D

Risto

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
okay, i'd removed them and replaced the substrate. they didn't look like mold at all and everything else was fine.

curious though...but, the substrate wasn't overly damp, in fact it was more dry...

(shrug) anyway, it's all good now. thanks.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Action Jackson
After you take out the spider.
I always thought spiders love to be microwaved. I've been microwaving my spiders since Xmas. They seem be more happy afterwards. They're much more nonactive and they don't seem to be bothered by live prey or anything at all.