webbing/ settling in

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my GGB, P. cambridgei, and my versicolors all webbed somewhat.

The GBB I'm actually a lil upset that he did a good amount of webbing and dug a little burrow then I had to change his change so now he has to resettle in.

The P.cambridgei mad a horrible webbing going up and down and basically webbing his self in.

One of the versicolors did a great job webbing his self in he fully covered his body it looks like mold but I know for sure its just webbing. the other versicolor did a little webbing here and there. The Versicolor I have in the jar it won't get away from the top so i can put more crickets in there lol..

Also this could just be my eyes playing tricks but, when i seen my versicolor drinking the life out of a cricket his abdomen looked like it was getting bigger right then and there. Did I really see it growing as he ate or was I just hoping to see something like that?

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The P.cambridgei mad a horrible webbing going up and down and basically webbing his self in.

That's what Psalmopoeus do.. they live in tubes of web.. thick web around them so you can't see in, then they just tend to hang 2 front legs out to detect prey, shoot out and grab the prey then shoot back in again lol Their webbing is actually beautifully done.. Psalmo's are by far my fav genus :)
My Psalmopoeus pulcher juvenile has webbed on the lid of a jar she lives in. The lid has a ridge down the middle and she has slotted herself in that ridge and webbed round it, so she lays in her own little hammock watching the world go by lol i love it!

As for the versi , i don't think you could watch its abdomen grow while its eating, it has to go down tubes and stuff and be digested just as ours does, and you don't see our stomachs growing... so i doubt it.. my eyes play tricks on me all the time! lol

GBB are also lovely spiders, and will web very heavily.. are you keeping your GBB terrestrial then? oh.. haha assuming you are as you said it burrowed.. nice species :) Don't worry about moving it.. within a few days you'll have a pot of web again and a pet hole :D lol

My versi also lives in a jar at the moment (although needs rehousing AGAIN!) and has also webbed a huge hammock of concrete thick web right in the top of the jar! Crix dont last long with him/her though :p Don't have time to run away haha they're snatched straight away!

:)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's what Psalmopoeus do.. they live in tubes of web.. thick web around them so you can't see in, then they just tend to hang 2 front legs out to detect prey, shoot out and grab the prey then shoot back in again lol Their webbing is actually beautifully done.. Psalmo's are by far my fav genus :)
My Psalmopoeus pulcher juvenile has webbed on the lid of a jar she lives in. The lid has a ridge down the middle and she has slotted herself in that ridge and webbed round it, so she lays in her own little hammock watching the world go by lol i love it!

As for the versi , i don't think you could watch its abdomen grow while its eating, it has to go down tubes and stuff and be digested just as ours does, and you don't see our stomachs growing... so i doubt it.. my eyes play tricks on me all the time! lol

GBB are also lovely spiders, and will web very heavily.. are you keeping your GBB terrestrial then? oh.. haha assuming you are as you said it burrowed.. nice species :) Don't worry about moving it.. within a few days you'll have a pot of web again and a pet hole :D lol

My versi also lives in a jar at the moment (although needs rehousing AGAIN!) and has also webbed a huge hammock of concrete thick web right in the top of the jar! Crix dont last long with him/her though :p Don't have time to run away haha they're snatched straight away!

:)
I have question..With your Versicolor how do you clean out the "Dead bodies" sort of speak lol...of the crickets without your versicolor escaping what kind of catch up do you use?...I just realized a way to make a good catch cup for the smaller T's you can use a big and a small bottle type thing that come in from the shippers. I'm going to try that right now cause Im going to re house one of my vesicolors so its easier to clean the cage out of dead bodies and give cleaner water....

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok well, once again I rehoused my Green bottle blue (Chromatopelma cyanopubescens) back to the jar. I realized some of you may be mad at me because i keep rehousing it I just don't want it in an enclousure too big for it.

So the circular critter keeper I got, I'll use it after two molts. I feel the fact that its like the size of a penny (its whole body can find inside the area of the penny) it would do much better with a smaller area.

By the way does the substrate look deep enough? and should i take out the q-tip and rubberband it to another one so it makes an x in the middle so the GBB can web it up nicely?

Last edited: