Weakness and the perhaps inevitable acquiring of new Ts

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
YAY!!! i got them!

ehehehehe, well, one of you wins, i got a freebie Chaco! AWESOME, this little guy will be gorgeous when he grows up. :)

okay, well, i put a few drops of water on my finger and let it run down the side into the soil to keep it moist. i am SO EXCITED. they are unbeLIEVEably tiny.

wow! WOW!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! SO CUTE!

(breathes...calms down...does meditation) om.

okay, ahem, i've got some pinheads and am about to buy more, HOW do i feed these guys? thanks!

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Skadiwolf, Hi, I feed my slings on average twice a week, sometimes three times a week . one pinhead per feeding.

Doug

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats!

DOn't you just LOVE getting them? It is like opening a present on Christmas morning...

The thread "I can't believe how small..." has pictures of a few of our chaco's..
I can't wait till mine grows HUGE!

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Sounds like you are very happy with your order! That's great and to beat it all you got a Chaco too. I can see you doing the happy dance about now! Congrat's !!!

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do I win??? LOL

Hey, is yours as tiny as mine? (see picture in the "I cant believe how small...." thread.)

Ali

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Slings

Skadi-

Congrats, and welcome to Arachnopets! I have a couple of slings - got them in February at 1/4" each. Here is how I have them:

1. 160z. deli cups from Smart & Final (50 pack of cups, 50 pack of lids - very cheap).
2. Punch a load of holes on the cup & top (don't go too low on the cup - need room for substrate). You don't want condensation in your cup, if you do get it, make more holes.
3. I have a hygrometer taped to the inside of the lids (I re-use the lid and change the cup when needed).
4. I use 50-50 vermiculite & peat moss (pet shop & wal-mart)
* I mix this together in a pie pan and add water to touch - enough to hold together, not soaked; holds together after you squeeze it.
* put a few inches into the cup
5. I use a thermometer strip and lay it loose against the wall of the cup on the substrate.
6. I use a small glass jar lid (smaller than a baby food jar) for a water cup (a 1/4" sling is not too small for a dish - use a rock, of course). Humidity is kept in the 70% - 80% range.
7. I use an infrared heat lamp with a 5.5" reflector to keep my slings in the 80f range.
8. I feed as much as they'll eat - crickets (mame the crickets by smashing they're heads or removing they're jumping legs).

Since February, my heat and feeding conditions have made my 1/4" slings into 1-1/4" mini-monsters. Have fun!

Peace, Dario