watter dishes

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on many of my water dishes, most spicificly my 2 emperor tanks, and my red knee tank o, and my ball python tank, the watter is all gone with in 10 hours, and thes dishes are about an half inch, to 3/4ths and inch deep...
so, what brand of watter dishes do many of you use?? i whould realy like a dish that looks natural, and blends in. but im finding my self forced to use these lil porclin dishes, with hold watter alot beater then the ones that look like rocks.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Make sure you clean the webbing and any dirt off of the edge of the dish. Sometimes water can crawl up and out following little pieces of crap on the side.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the fake rocks ones always eventually start leaking. i gave up on them a long time ago.

unfortunately, i have no suggestions.. i use 35mm and 60mm plastic petri dishes.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it must be leaking them :( this just gets me mad, i pay for those picese of crap and have to end up useing plastic dishes :( plus thear just ugly in my display terrariums..

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your situation, I'm using simple, cheap, and leak free so far bottle cap from a 20oz water bottle or so to house my aureostriata.

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
Right now a plastic mayo lid and am on the look out for something a tad bit smaller though.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Besides the possibility of a leaking dish...at this time of year it can be really dry in our homes which will make the water evaporate in no time to try and put moisture into the air. I have a small plastic lid in my a.versi tank that I could fill with water every other day due to it being so dry in our home.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't care for the white colored condiment cups either. So that's why I snag the black ones from Quiznos whenever I'm there. You hardly notice them buried. Plus they are a larger than the regular condiment cups.

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
um like i havent seen my Tarantula Drink from my Peanut botter cap, before i had a sponge in it i use to see her on top of it but maybe she drinks at night i just want to be sure