Watering Tarantulas

troy300

Arachnopeon
a tarantulas water dish

YES your tarantulas do need water and there water dish should be the size of there leg spand so they can hover over there water to drink.Your arboreals need water too perferably up high because they dont go low often.
What happens if the water gets warm because of the enclosures humidity? Does the temperature of the water matter to much?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
The water doesn't get warm because of the humidity in the enclosure (which is - by the way - irrelevant), it gets warmer when the overall temps go up. And assuming they won't go up to 150 F, it's nothing you need to worry about. ;)

I would worry more about the humidity you are mentioning... depending on the species you keep.

You should better make your own thread and pose your husbandry related questions there.
You could also read this thread :)

troy300

Arachnopeon
The water doesn't get warm because of the humidity in the enclosure (which is - by the way - irrelevant), it gets warmer when the overall temps go up. And assuming they won't go up to 150 F, it's nothing you need to worry about. ;)

I would worry more about the humidity you are mentioning... depending on the species you keep.

You should better make your own thread and pose your husbandry related questions there.
You could also read this thread :)
Thank you im very sorry I'm new to this page as I'm also new to tarantulas.. I own a mexican red knee..

Thank you im very sorry I'm new to this page as I'm also new to tarantulas.. I own a mexican red knee..
B. Smithi

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
No need to apologize and welcome!

The use of the Search function is encouraged with a slight caveat. If you run across an old thread it may or may not still be relevant info. When in doubt read it and feel free to post up a new thread for updated info, help or guidance.

I come from a learning and development background, the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask despite what others may say. We’re all here to learn and share experiences.

troy300

Arachnopeon
No need to apologize and welcome!

The use of the Search function is encouraged with a slight caveat. If you run across an old thread it may or may not still be relevant info. When in doubt read it and feel free to post up a new thread for updated info, help or guidance.

I come from a learning and development background, the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask despite what others may say. We’re all here to learn and share experiences.
I appreciate your kind words, thank you😁