Watering slings?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I keep my slings in those little deli cups that ranch dressing comes in when you buy poppers or something at the gas station(about $1 for 10- just ask the deli worker). I just pour a little water on about 1/3 of the surface area so its pretty damp, but leave the rest bone dry. The slings will drink right off the damp side when they are thirsty, and hang out on the dry side to keep their feet dry. This is will also keep the humidity up plenty, I never mist my slings, I just add water every 3 days or so. Let it dry out a little, but re-water before it gets completely dry.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep my slings in those little deli cups that ranch dressing comes in when you buy poppers or something at the gas station(about $1 for 10- just ask the deli worker). I just pour a little water on about 1/3 of the surface area so its pretty damp, but leave the rest bone dry. The slings will drink right off the damp side when they are thirsty, and hang out on the dry side to keep their feet dry. This is will also keep the humidity up plenty, I never mist my slings, I just add water every 3 days or so. Let it dry out a little, but re-water before it gets completely dry.
I do this with all of my slings. It let's them decide where they need to be. I give them a bottle cap with a glass Bead and water at 1.5" to keep humidity up.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The type of enclosure will also dictate how often you water. I usually cut a hole in the lid of vials and glue window screen to them. They dry out much faster than the containers I keep slings in of dwarf species.