Waterdishes & webbing.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hi guys, does anyone have any tips regarding Heavy webbing species webbing over their waterdishes?
My inch GBB is always webbing over its dish. I realise this is normal behaviour & part of the appeal. Every time I clear the dish of webbing I must miss a tiny piece that wicks out any water.
Any tips or is it just a case of routinely clearing the dish of webbing & refilling it?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just take out the water dish, clean, refill that :-s
One moment with T's that are hardcore web lovers there's not that much to do/say.

Mine ('GBB') didn't covered at all that because I've placed the water dish on the far right of the enclosure, where there's substrate alone... to the left and center, her 'Luna Park' with a lot of anchor points, cork bark etc.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
My smaller gbbs both cover their waterdish in webbing. I just rip a whole over it to get access to it. Maybe provide anchorpoints and place the waterdish as far away from them as possible.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Just take out the water dish, clean, refill that :-s
One moment with T's that are hardcore web lovers there's not that much to do/say.

Mine ('GBB') didn't covered at all that because I've placed the water dish on the far right of the enclosure, where there's substrate alone... to the left and center, her 'Luna Park' with a lot of anchor points, cork bark etc.
I thought that may be the case Chris. Good tip to place the dish away from the anchor points. Mine is in a 16oz deli cup at the moment so not much room but when its rehoused Ill keep the dish away from the anchor points.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
My smaller gbbs both cover their waterdish in webbing. I just rip a whole over it to get access to it. Maybe provide anchorpoints and place the waterdish as far away from them as possible.
I usually rip the webbing as little as possible to refill the dish. I have used broken toothpicks as anchor points but the T has covered the whole enclosure in webbing lol! Ill try moving the dish.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I thought that may be the case Chris. Good tip to place the dish away from the anchor points. Mine is in a 16oz deli cup at the moment so not much room but when its rehoused Ill keep the dish away from the anchor points.
Yes do that man. It's not written in stone (nothing here is written in stone, actually, because we are talking about living unpredictable animals... they decor their home like they want, at the end) but for me always worked.
Don't bother too much now, yours will grow soon and with a bigger/larger enclosure could be a lot more relaxing doing that.

Think about my female 'OBT'. See that all of the 'substrate Scrooge/s' keepers (almost) always end with a "web-only" enclosures with their P.murinus. Good luck into removing and cleaning the water dish, touching too much the web-home of the orange lovely is always a fun :-s

That's why it's not rare at all to hear some of those saying: "I removed the water dish... I just drop water in the web". Mah :)

Now, offering a lot of substrate inches and a piece of cork bark on one side (like I did) and the water dish on the opposite side helps prevent that. The water dish of my 'OBT' is always web-free and used only as prey remains trash can while under the cork bark there's her web-burrow :angelic:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Yes do that man. It's not written in stone (nothing here is written in stone, actually, because we are talking about living unpredictable animals... they decor their home like they want, at the end) but for me always worked.
Don't bother too much now, yours will grow soon and with a bigger/larger enclosure could be a lot more relaxing doing that.

Think about my female 'OBT'. See that all of the 'substrate Scrooge/s' keepers (almost) always end with a "web-only" enclosures with their P.murinus. Good luck into removing and cleaning the water dish, touching too much the web-home of the orange lovely is always a fun :-s

That's why it's not rare at all to hear some of those saying: "I removed the water dish... I just drop water in the web". Mah :)

Now, offering a lot of substrate inches and a piece of cork bark on one side (like I did) and the water dish on the opposite side helps prevent that. The water dish of my 'OBT' is always web-free and used only as prey remains trash can while under the cork bark there's her web-burrow :angelic:
Good idea dude, the last thing you need is an angry OBT because you have touched or even merely looked at its waterdish lol! Again a good idea to keep the dish away from the hide / burrow entrance.