water question

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hi
i just got a 3/4" C crawshayi and a 1" P cancerides
i am currently keeping them in a small deli cup that measures about 5 " across
what would be the best way to get them water?
can i put a small bottle cap in with them? or do i just mist every once in a while and if so how often do i mist?
oh yeh also i am using potting soil with them (if that makes any difference)

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have always used a pill bottle cap or milk jug cap for slings that size. But keep in mind some Ts think its great sport to bury their water bowl, and you might have to dig it up on a regular basis, or just replace it. My C fasciatum has a water dish graveyard in her tank.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can do either one. They will both serve the purpose. At that size, your slings will get all the moisture intake they need from their food but at around 2 inches or so, they will start needing a water dish of some sort. If you mist, one full squirt on one side of the enclosure, once a week will be fine.

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
IME With the C crawshayi your best off dripping water down is burrow once or twic a week as it will most likly bury any water bowl.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What I do with slings that little is get an eyedropper, and drop a couple of drops of water down the side of the deli cups a couple of times a week. The drops will move down and sit on the substrate for a few minutes, the sling can drink the drops or suck on the moist substrate. I don't give water dishes to slings in that small a container because it evaporates so fast it is impossibel to keep filled, plus if they dig they fill it with dirt anyway.

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi
i just got a 3/4" C crawshayi and a 1" P cancerides
i am currently keeping them in a small deli cup that measures about 5 " across
what would be the best way to get them water?
can i put a small bottle cap in with them? or do i just mist every once in a while and if so how often do i mist?
oh yeh also i am using potting soil with them (if that makes any difference)
I hope I'm reading this wrong and both T's are NOT in the same container!:eek: :( :embarrassed:

Anansis

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree, if they are in the same container, then you are very soon going to start your posts with:
Hi. I just got a 1" P canccerides, and I was wondering if it ate my other sling, or if I lost one....
;)

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
no they are not in the same container
if they were i would only be asking about one of them:)