Water heater pipe corrosion toxic?

17sms

Arachnopeon
I have a large closet in my room with a water heater I've cleaned out to put my tarantulas in, as it's much more practical than where they are at now. Our water heater is also in the closet, and I noticed green and white corrosion. Which from what I've read is calcium, sodium, and low pH levels in the water. My main question is, does anyone know if this could be somehow toxic to the tarantulas? I'd rather be safe than sorry, thanks for any advice!

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Is there any chance of this corrosion becoming airborne? If you know 100% that it never leaves the water heater, then it might be ok. Otherwise I wouldn't risk it.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a large closet in my room with a water heater I've cleaned out to put my tarantulas in, as it's much more practical than where they are at now. Our water heater is also in the closet, and I noticed green and white corrosion. Which from what I've read is calcium, sodium, and low pH levels in the water. My main question is, does anyone know if this could be somehow toxic to the tarantulas? I'd rather be safe than sorry, thanks for any advice!
How old is the water heater, if its not crazy old, you might consider changing the sacrificial anode, or better yet install a water softener if hard water

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No nothing to worry about, the radiator's calcium and sodium cannot become airborne therefor your spiders will be safe, hope this eases at worries you may have had....

17sms

Arachnopeon
I decided against it. It gave me too much anxiety and didn't want to risk the consequences since I'm not sure about anything. The water heater is super old which made me even more hesitant, thanks for everyone's help!